Hardware Nintendo Switch "lost" it's touch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUk89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello !

Got an interesting one here.. I have a NS with motherboard HAC-CPU-20 that works perfectly just no touch, I tried testing different card reader modules and I tried in 3 different cases (to check the digitazer ) and doesn't work on any of them.

I checked the test point right on top of the "lego type" connector used to connect the card reader/digitazer module to the mobo and I am not getting any voltage there.. also the 4th pad of the little card reader module and Im also getting zero voltage there, with another known good Switch, I should be getting 1.8v across those 4 pads when the screen is light up and with chip/touch screen interface board plugged in

2lPhypH

Im thinking the suspect may be this GCBRG HAC STD chip but I checked the balls with a microscope and I dont see anything strange...

anybody suffered something similar??
any ideas or any points where I should probe to test voltage?
Im kidn of curious to understand how that voltage gets there but is quite tricky to trace!

AsideX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello !

Got an interesting one here.. I have a NS with motherboard HAC-CPU-20 that works perfectly just no touch, I tried testing different card reader modules and I tried in 3 different cases (to check the digitazer ) and doesn't work on any of them.

I checked the test point right on top of the "lego type" connector used to connect the card reader/digitazer module to the mobo and I am not getting any voltage there.. also the 4th pad of the little card reader module and Im also getting zero voltage there, with another known good Switch, I should be getting 1.8v across those 4 pads when the screen is light up and with chip/touch screen interface board plugged in

2lPhypH

Im thinking the suspect may be this GCBRG HAC STD chip but I checked the balls with a microscope and I dont see anything strange...

anybody suffered something similar??
any ideas or any points where I should probe to test voltage?
Im kidn of curious to understand how that voltage gets there but is quite tricky to trace!

Hello.

I have a very similar problem! Have you found a solution?

lpoolm

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to bump a very old thread, but I have the exact same issue, I have been trying to find out what the b1633 chip is /does.
I am tempted to take of and swap with another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night