Nintendo Switch launch date for 'Nidhogg 2' announced

nidhogg 2 switch.JPG

Released last year on PS4, Xbox One and PC, Nidhogg 2, the fighting game with a... unique artstyle, was slated for a Switch port this year. Today messhof, the game's developer, finally revealed that the game will launch on the platform on November 22nd.

Expanding upon the award-winning gameplay of its predecessor, Nidhogg 2 offers up new weapons, new levels, new ways to customize your slaughter, fashion-forward character customization, a grotesquely captivating art style courtesy of Toby Dixon, and sounds for your ear holes by acclaimed electronic artists Mux Mool, Geotic, Doseone, Osborne, and Daedelus.

Switch gamers can expect the following features on their console:
  • Take the wurm on the go with Nintendo Switch Handheld Mode.
  • Challenge the AI or a friend in 1v1 combat.
  • Fight for the top seat in 8-player tournaments.
  • Master the distinctive traits of four weapons.
  • Get stylish with full character customization.
  • 11 stages from castles to Nidhogg innards.
  • Alter the rules with over 10 different game variables.
  • Go online with matchmaking and private games.
:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Davidchao23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember playing this game before at a friends house. It's pretty nice and I'm excited to see this game be on Switch!

Davidchao23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed, I much prefer the overly simplistic 8-bit design of 1 over 2, especially so with the character models in 2 being so ugly.

I'm a bit indifferent to the 8-bit style, mainly because I'm not much of a guy for simplistic, one colored, sprites. The new one is a bit ugly, but I think that the sprite quality makes up for it

Last edited by Davidchao23,

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if layered fs'ing this would result in different results than undertale, since the injection of nidhogg II doesn't work in undertale

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:rolleyes: another f'ing port...

I miss the days when Nintendo was the "other" platform with 90% of stuff unique (very much not 1:1 ports)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-