Gaming Nintendo Switch help

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't know where else to post this and i need help.
What does this error code mean?
Error code: 2181-4017
Error message"Network services are temporarily not available.
Please wait for a while and then try again.

I'm I banned? I hope not, since I was carefully and used 90DNS.

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you still using 90DNS?

If you are, then that error is expected because the switch is trying to connect but cannot, which is the point of using 90DNS.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to update Dragon Quest Xi S and it's when i shall update game, i get error m

What does that mean?

Well you don't use Nintendo server for update if you are on CFW, you have to source it online or use HBG Shop for update/dlc. The error code is associated with temp ban, then again you shouldn't mess with eshop while on CFW.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have a temp ban as they have noticed you are using cfw. If you remove all illegal software you might not get perma banned. The following is from Nintendo's UK website

Error Code: 2181-4017

Description:
  • You are unable to access online services on Nintendo Switch and receive error code 2181-4017.
  • Error Message: "Network services are temporarily unavailable. Please wait for a while and then try again."

What to Do:
  • This error code indicates network services might be temporarily unavailable due to abnormal device behavior.
  • Wait a few hours and then try connecting online again.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: Hayato213

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You have a temp ban as they have noticed you are using cfw. If you remove all illegal software you won't get banned. The following is from Nintendo's UK website
Thank you, i don't have any illegal software. I don't think i have any. Could Dragon Quest Xi S be illegal software? Since i download it early.

Description:
  • You are unable to access online services on Nintendo Switch and receive error code 2181-4017.
  • Error Message: "Network services are temporarily unavailable. Please wait for a while and then try again."

What to Do:
  • This error code indicates network services might be temporarily unavailable due to abnormal device behavior.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You have a temp ban as they have noticed you are using cfw. If you remove all illegal software you might not get perma banned. The following is from Nintendo's UK website

Description:

What to Do:
Do you think Dragon Quest Xi S would be illegal software? Since i download it early.

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have not connect online, i have used 90DNS all time.
I only unconnect online for min for to update Dragon Quest Xi S and it didn't work. I have now turn on 90DNS.
I have never go online.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then just stay offline, don;t bother buying a copy from the eshop I guess, like previous stated that error code has to do with temp ban, so they probably already know you are running cfw already.

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Then just stay offline, don;t bother buying a copy from the eshop I guess, like previous stated that error code has to do with temp ban, so they probably already know you are running cfw already.
I don't have plans to buy games from eshop, why should i do that when i can just download games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/