Nintendo Switch Diagnostics Screen

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by kylemsguy, Apr 29, 2017.

1. kylemsguy
    OP

kylemsguy Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Canada
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but this seems to be the best place given the options.

I sent my Nintendo Switch in for repair about a month ago, and when I got it back, I proceeded to accidentally update to 2.1 and then 2.2 (man Nintendo is aggressive with updates this time round).

Today I was looking through the screenshots on my Switch, and I discovered among my screenshots a few diagnostic screens. I think these are from a test cartridge that was used to test the switch when I sent it in for repairs. (I've redacted any potentially sensitive information)

I think one thing of note is the FW version. It seems that the numbering scheme of the FW is the same as in the 3DS. I'd really like to know what the -15 (the browser version?) part is in 2.1 and 2.2, but I can't find out without getting my hands on this software or finding out how to launch it on my switch.

[​IMG]
    Another thing i noticed is that this photo's modification date is sorted under 2016/12/31, and its modification date is 31 Dec 1979 at 7PM EST.

In any case, this might not be too useful, but it is definitely interesting to look at.

Last edited by kylemsguy, Apr 29, 2017
  2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    cool, funny when testers leave stuff on the system

supermario18 likes this.
  3. Dimensional

Dimensional GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    Texas
    More information for the Homebrew community that Nintendo doesn't want them to have. Smooth Move Nintendo.

supermario18 likes this.
  4. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    This sounds totally like those flashing clickbait ads that offer miracle cures for myriads of diseases. :P
    "Click here to find out the juicy tidbits!"

Last edited by SomeGamer, Apr 29, 2017
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Australia
    There is still NX in the beginning of the firmware.

6. ikithme

ikithme Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2015
    United States
    Companies often continue using codenames in firmware updates, for example when I go look for factory images for my Nexus 6, I look for "shamu" not "Nexus6" as "shamu" was the code name for the nexus 6 this is also the case for many many other devices that run android. I'd say this is pretty common practice to be honest.

7. kylemsguy
    OP

kylemsguy Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Canada
    It's intended to be internal, so there's no point going s/NX/Switch/g or whatever because that might introduce its own bugs for no good reason.