Hardware Nintendo Switch Battery Stuck At 1%

proffk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not the one to post for help but this is driving me nuts.

For some reason my nsw battery is stuck at 1%. When I charge it goes to 100% in 15 minutes not 2-3 hours. The battery reduces drastically within minutes in handheld mode. I powered it off yesterday at 100% & just turned it on where it is 1% again.

I heard about a simillar bug in 3.0.1 FW. I'm trying to drain the battery to zero but it won't. I just played Mario Odyysey on 1% for 1 hour.

I use both atmosphere & sxos so nothing is causing the bug. I'm on 8.0.1. AutoRCM is not the problem. I don't use overclocking. Just wondering if anyone else had a simillar issue.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You going have to unplug your battery and plug it back in and then let it sync again with Hekate, let it recalibrate it for you.

proffk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just an update on this issue. I've discovered the battery indicator is at fault & a quick fix. This is a very common fault on OG NSW models. FW 3.0.1 fixed the main fault but it can return suddenly. I left my NSW at 96% at 12am. In the morning it was 88%. Previously it was going to 1%. Any battery loss now will be down to cfw.

I used this payload from the thread to fix my issue. Apparenly using this is the same as unplugging the battery but via payload. You will notice your clock will reset to zero once used.

Also follow the official Nintendo troubleshoot guide on battery indicator fault which is weird.
Hoping this helps anyone out who may encounter the same issue I've had.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/fix-for-linux-battery-issue.508715/

Last edited by proffk,
Reactions: LordRahl72

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue with my 2nd switch I bought. I bought it on 3.0.1 and then updated but soon found out my switch would drain to 1% in like an hour or 2 of playing it but it wouldn't actually shutoff. So what i did was follow the guide posted above this comment...

I left my switch on the homescreen at 1% for hours on end then would shut it off for 30mins reboot and fully charge then repeat until it got close enough to lasting its appropriate battery time. I had to repeat this process for about 3 days before it started to fix itself.

Edit: just wanna note my unit is still stock never attempted mods to effect battery it just did it on its own.

Last edited by [^Blark^],
Reactions: proffk
D

Deleted User

I had the same issue with my 2DS XL recently so I left it running Ultra Sun for hours until it turned itself off. Recharged it and it worked correctly.

345742D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue after not playing my switch after a while. I was concerned that I needed to replace the battery but I ended up just playing zelda until the console died. It went from 100% to 1% within about an hour and remained at 1% for a really long time. Like, REALLY long. Then it finally died. I kept trying to turn it on and running out the battery until it refused to turn on again. I placed it on my dock, waited about 5 minutes then hit the power button for about 15 seconds to fully turn it off cause I'm using autoRCM. Let it charge over night and all was well again. I think the sensor and actual battery level get de-synced and it has to completely run out and fully charge to 100% to re-align.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Just an update on this issue. I've discovered the battery indicator is at fault & a quick fix. This is a very common fault on OG NSW models. FW 3.0.1 fixed the main fault but it can return suddenly. I left my NSW at 96% at 12am. In the morning it was 88%. Previously it was going to 1%. Any battery loss now will be down to cfw.

I used this payload from the thread to fix my issue. Apparenly using this is the same as unplugging the battery but via payload. You will notice your clock will reset to zero once used.

Also follow the official Nintendo troubleshoot guide on battery indicator fault which is weird.
Hoping this helps anyone out who may encounter the same issue I've had.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/fix-for-linux-battery-issue.508715/
It worked perfectly for me, thx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    +1
    Thank you
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Hey there! :)