jakanadin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening,

Ran into a spot of trouble and wanted to know if anyone had any idea of how to troubleshoot my issue;

Switch XAW4000, running ReiNX 2.0 on 6.2 set in AutoRCM Mode

My console randomly updated today with no prior user input or warning; powered up from sleep mode and said update complete and restarted. As the system is in AutoRCM mode and ReiNX isn't currently up to date, what are my options as to what I can do next? At this point, as the console is in AutoRCM mode, it's not powering on. Let me know if any additional information is needed.

Any help would be appreciated, please and thank you.

jakanadin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the well-thought out and assisting post. Hope the +1 to your post count helps.

If you'd read the post in full, I said I did not update the console willingly, it updated on its own less than an hour ago. I've taken the appropriate steps to confirm auto updates are off. Not sure why it changed. I would not purposefully update a hacked console when I check the forums daily and see my CFW hasn't yet been updated.

jakanadin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I update it when AutoRCM is enabled (so the console will not turn on) and it's not been updated to support 7.0? I've checked the GitHub, I've checked the ReiNX website, I've seen nothing personally in regards to 7.0 support. If there is a way, I would appreciate the assistance for sure.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My console randomly updated today with no prior user input or warning; powered up from sleep mode and said update complete and restarted.

if it updated to 7, you're hosed until they catch up in the CFW scene.

But no handheld should update unless explicitly told to as if it loses power mid update it could mess it up. I know 3ds tells you to plug it in when you run an update, weird the switch wouldn't do similarly.

PyroGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If auto rcm is on you shouldn't have burned any fuses. If you have nand backup just restore it if you want to stay on 6.2

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ReiNX has support for 7.0 in nightlies, but you need sept from atmosphere to extract keys.

So go to ReiNX Discord and Ask them what to do step by step.
You can disable AutoRCM with Hekate.

Last edited by masagrator,

jakanadin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all so much I appreciate the help!

@tbb, that's what I thought and if that's the case I'll more than likely have to go back to the 3DS for a bit hah. No huge deal, just trying to figure out if I've a glorified brick in the interim since it's perpetually in AutoRCM mode. Is there any way to turn it off without specifically getting into the ReiNX menu?

@Pyro, yea I've the NAND backup on my PC, guess I'll need to go look into restoring, not 100% on it but I should be able to figure it out if that's my absolute only option.

@masa, apologies we got off on the wrong foot, I've company over and I'm one of those dumb people that I HAVE to focus on my issue and nip it in the bud ASAP. I just joined the ReiSwitched Discord, going to search on there before I begin randomly asking questions and see if I'm not the only one.

Yea I'm absolutely, 100% adamant I didn't update it. I booted it from sleep mode and it already said on the screen, 'Console Updating...'. Hence my freakout hah.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update; did check the nightly builds and they DO have it updated to partial support, updated via my SD card to the latest nightly as well as the ReiNX.bin file in my Tegra boot folder, injected the payload and ReiNX splash screen showed up! So that's a slight victory (to which I owe a great deal of thanks to @masagrator for helping me when I was panicking hah, thank you!).

Now the issue is, it's stuck on the splash screen. Going to reboot and attempt it again.

Sidenote, guys on the ReiNXSwitched Discord are currently waist-deep assisting someone else, didn't want to interrupt. If I've exhausted my help options on the Forum and can't get it fixed myself I'll reach out on there.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you wanna make it easy for you, go with the Kosmos package, and run Hekate and Atmosphere. Wait until ReiNX get's a stable release for 7.X (It's being worked on).

EDIT: Also use 90DNS so you won't get anymore surprise autoupdates.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Good evening,

Ran into a spot of trouble and wanted to know if anyone had any idea of how to troubleshoot my issue;

Switch XAW4000, running ReiNX 2.0 on 6.2 set in AutoRCM Mode

My console randomly updated today with no prior user input or warning; powered up from sleep mode and said update complete and restarted. As the system is in AutoRCM mode and ReiNX isn't currently up to date, what are my options as to what I can do next? At this point, as the console is in AutoRCM mode, it's not powering on. Let me know if any additional information is needed.

Any help would be appreciated, please and thank you.

Okay

1) The nightlies don't support 7.0.x
2) Do you have a nand backup?
3) If not you can use kosmos + choidujourNX. I'm more than willing to help you getting reinx running again.

Message the reinx discord in the help and tag @adrans alt :)

If you wanna make it easy for you, go with the Kosmos package, and run Hekate and Atmosphere. Wait until ReiNX get's a stable release for 7.X (It's being worked on).

EDIT: Also use 90DNS so you won't get anymore surprise autoupdates.

stop ninja'ing me :P

Thank you all so much I appreciate the help!

@tbb, that's what I thought and if that's the case I'll more than likely have to go back to the 3DS for a bit hah. No huge deal, just trying to figure out if I've a glorified brick in the interim since it's perpetually in AutoRCM mode. Is there any way to turn it off without specifically getting into the ReiNX menu?

@Pyro, yea I've the NAND backup on my PC, guess I'll need to go look into restoring, not 100% on it but I should be able to figure it out if that's my absolute only option.

@masa, apologies we got off on the wrong foot, I've company over and I'm one of those dumb people that I HAVE to focus on my issue and nip it in the bud ASAP. I just joined the ReiSwitched Discord, going to search on there before I begin randomly asking questions and see if I'm not the only one.

Yea I'm absolutely, 100% adamant I didn't update it. I booted it from sleep mode and it already said on the screen, 'Console Updating...'. Hence my freakout hah.

Update; did check the nightly builds and they DO have it updated to partial support, updated via my SD card to the latest nightly as well as the ReiNX.bin file in my Tegra boot folder, injected the payload and ReiNX splash screen showed up! So that's a slight victory (to which I owe a great deal of thanks to @masagrator for helping me when I was panicking hah, thank you!).

Now the issue is, it's stuck on the splash screen. Going to reboot and attempt it again.

Sidenote, guys on the ReiNXSwitched Discord are currently waist-deep assisting someone else, didn't want to interrupt. If I've exhausted my help options on the Forum and can't get it fixed myself I'll reach out on there.

Never be afraid to ask for help in the discord, if there is no one ping the helpers :)

Reactions: linuxares

jakanadin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I ultimately ended up doing. Rei is of course working on stuff and the guys on ReiSwitched ended up being a HUGE help to me on there!

Same now; as I've said before I wasn't 100% familiar with the other CFW packages and how to run them necessarily, but it's been so streamlined over the course of the past two years between the SDSetup website and everyone in the community making these advances, I'm now on the latest version still able to run all of my games no problem.

Exactly what I did! :) and yea according to one of the Discord Mods, they are in the thick of it working on it all. To my knowledge, that's what I did or so I thought! I'll need to review these Forums again and double-check to make sure I did it correctly. Knowing me, I did not.

1) That's what I confirmed, unfortunately </3.
2) I do, I made sure to follow the appropriate instructions when I went through the initial process. I don't want to take any chances with stuff I'm not 100% confident to do myself, so thankfully with Atmo being up-to-date, that's my current CFW for the time being! Don't want to try and downgrade and do something I didn't mean to or even risk losing any data. 50 hours deep into Octopath Traveler atm hah.
3) Thank you so much! If I do consider downgrading I'll be sure to refer to you on there, you guys are a Godsend for sure lol.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is what I ultimately ended up doing. Rei is of course working on stuff and the guys on ReiSwitched ended up being a HUGE help to me on there!

Same now; as I've said before I wasn't 100% familiar with the other CFW packages and how to run them necessarily, but it's been so streamlined over the course of the past two years between the SDSetup website and everyone in the community making these advances, I'm now on the latest version still able to run all of my games no problem.

Exactly what I did! :) and yea according to one of the Discord Mods, they are in the thick of it working on it all. To my knowledge, that's what I did or so I thought! I'll need to review these Forums again and double-check to make sure I did it correctly. Knowing me, I did not.

1) That's what I confirmed, unfortunately </3.
2) I do, I made sure to follow the appropriate instructions when I went through the initial process. I don't want to take any chances with stuff I'm not 100% confident to do myself, so thankfully with Atmo being up-to-date, that's my current CFW for the time being! Don't want to try and downgrade and do something I didn't mean to or even risk losing any data. 50 hours deep into Octopath Traveler atm hah.
3) Thank you so much! If I do consider downgrading I'll be sure to refer to you on there, you guys are a Godsend for sure lol.

For saves use checkpoint to back them up if you ever try to downgrade.

Outside of the devs, I'm one of the few people who test stuff for them, all I can say is oon lol
If you have rawnand.bin and boot0/1 it's as simple as placing the files in the right folder and telling hekate to restore :)
If not ChoidujourNX is quick and simple but yeah shoot the tech support a message if you have an issue :) :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)