Nintendo NFP

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by gamecaptor, May 8, 2014.

1. gamecaptor
    OP

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

GBAtemp Patron
    gamecaptor is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 22, 2004
    United States
    Hyrule most of the time
  2. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    I would love to collect them, but 721 pokemon is too much

Bladexdsl and Costello like this.
  3. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    omg I just realised non-specific action figure could be a part of NFP and miyamoto is highly likely to announce his new IP :|
    Non-Specific Game confirmed.
    Oh and this is for games coming out at the end of the year, that would mean smash bros, pokemon and star fox.

4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    great 1st skylanders than disney and now nintendo are going to jump on the toy bandwagon....but the bad news is i will be forced to actually buy these ones :creep:

gamecaptor likes this.
  5. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    God, I had completely forgotten about that NFC feature. And I really can't think of a real use to it. It'll probably be some sort of exclusive* DLC...except that you don't download it, so it's actually be more of a 'C'. For anything else, I really can't think of a use that can't be done on the freakin' hard drive of the thing. Okay, skip that: it's probably fun for kids to take 'their' character over to a friends house this way.

Say...a question for anyone with experience with the skylander thingies...does it actually communicate easy? That wiiu fit meter can be a real pain in the ass. It usually interrupts its own connection at least two or three times before actually connecting (note that this is infrared rather than that NFC thing).

*available only to pre-orders, people who buy the extended version, people who mail order it, people who save club nintendo points, people who visit stores that sell nintendo gear and generally everyone else as well.

6. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I like the Wii U Quickboot thing. That's about it though.

7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    the next mario game won't even work without one of these and there will be AREAS you won't be allowed to access without buying more of them...you watch!