Nintendo Gamecube Action Replay Codes

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Gamemaster1379, Sep 4, 2012.

Sep 4, 2012
  1. Gamemaster1379
    OP

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Okay, so I am picking up an old game for nostalgia's sake, and evidently made a mistake. I'm getting frustrated as all Hell trying to get through Sonic Heroes and am ready to just Action Replay my way through most of it. I have no idea how to implement AR for GCN games, though, and could use a hand. I attempted to follow http://gbatemp.net/t...-with-neogamma/ --but whenever I do, NeoGamma simply gives me a load indication that says "Stupid...", does not show it applying codes, and the codes do not work (given that they weren't applied).

My wii is already modded, I am mostly familiar with working of homebrew, I own a retail copy of Sonic Heroes, and I do not have a third party memory card, nor do I have an AR Max card or AR disc. I can rip my copy to my front SD card (SDHC) and load it via USB Loader GX if need be. Any help?

2. Nightmare Cinema

Banned Nightmare Cinema Banned

United States
    IIRC you can get a converter that will convert Action Replay codes to Ocarina codes, I'm not sure what it is though.

3. Gamemaster1379
    OP

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I tried one from the topic I linked. NeoGamma and USB Loader GX both did not recognize anything.

4. Vanth88

Member Vanth88 Private

United States
    You probably did it wrong. I remember when I was converting codes I had to make sure I copied everything correctly. Make sure you use the master codes as well and be double sure you enabled ocarina codes.

5. isoptera4

Newcomer isoptera4 Advanced Member

United States
    I've converted many codes but I use configurable usb loader. Make sure you set the checkbox about verifier lines on the AR to WiiRD.jar app. I have also never used master codes as they always result in a crash or other error when loading the game and the codes always seem to load fine without the master codes.