Hacking Nintendo e-Reader on the Omega Flash Drive

Twilight1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the title, it supposed to say "EZ-Flash Omega GBA Flash Cart", not "Omega Flash Drive", my bad.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone even attempted this yet. Alright, I have physical copies of the following: a GBA Flash Cart (EZ-Flash Omega) with the MicroSD, two Nintendo e-Readers (JPN/US versions), two GBA SPs, a GBA Link Cable, and various authentic GBA games that supports the e-Reader. I don't have any physical e-cards, but I do have some of the digital dot code e-cards for the games I have.

I have already backup the e-Reader(s) ROM by using the GBA Backup Tool. I was wondering if it could be possible if the digital dot code e-cards be used with the e-Reader(s) I backup for the GBA Flash Cart (EZ-Flash Omega)? If possible, how and what are the correct steps to take? Sorry if I am not making sense. I am kinda a slow learner.

I have no interest of the NES games for this, just for the main GBA games. Private messaging is acceptable if discussions need to be taken there. No negative comments. Be nice. Thank you.

Last edited by Twilight1991,

PinkCelebi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's possible. You need to patch your eReader ROM to load in a save file with the eReader card already scanned in.

It's been done for the EON Ticket:
• digiex dot net/threads/pokemon-gen3-e-reader-eon-ticket-save-file-download-ready-to-distribute-on-emulator.15233/

As for injecting your own cards into the save, that's a bit more difficult and I haven't been able to find any instructions/tutorials on how to do so, but these posts might help:
• projectpokemon dot org/home/forums/topic/35340-gen-3-e-reader-event-injection/?do=findComment&comment=187635
• projectpokemon dot org/home/forums/topic/35340-gen-3-e-reader-event-injection/?do=findComment&comment=219294

(Sorry, can't post links.)

Twilight1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's possible. You need to patch your eReader ROM to load in a save file with the eReader card already scanned in.

It's been done for the EON Ticket:
• digiex dot net/threads/pokemon-gen3-e-reader-eon-ticket-save-file-download-ready-to-distribute-on-emulator.15233/

As for injecting your own cards into the save, that's a bit more difficult and I haven't been able to find any instructions/tutorials on how to do so, but these posts might help:
• projectpokemon dot org/home/forums/topic/35340-gen-3-e-reader-event-injection/?do=findComment&comment=187635
• projectpokemon dot org/home/forums/topic/35340-gen-3-e-reader-event-injection/?do=findComment&comment=219294

(Sorry, can't post links.)

Twilight1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that it was possible to do e-Reader content on a flash cart. I am planning to do e-Reader stuff for MegaMan, Mario, and Pokémon. I have the physical hardwares. I just don't know the correct steps to take.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: