Gaming Nintendo DS 2008

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You forgot one with FF IV remake being released in December in Japan. Odds are they will have a translation and release here easily by the end of 2008 most likely by the middle of 2008.

I realize they haven't confirmed a US release but with the amount of work put into this game I would be amazed if they stick with that.
A ton more games entered my head including that & new Castlevania. I kinda thought that the DS didn't have much announced for 2008 but it looks like I was wrong!

Would be nice if Nintendo got some of its racing/sports titles onto the DS.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
New Castlevania and wait for it... METROID DREAD...
ohmy.gif
are all I am wanting right now for 2008.
Oh that ASH game too
smile.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm waiting for tons of point'n'click adventures. If Runaway succeeds, there's nothing to stop full-length, full-feature adventure games, instead of a 16 MB Flash byproduct ported to the DS.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting for tons of point'n'click adventures. If Runaway succeeds, there's nothing to stop full-length, full-feature adventure games, instead of a 16 MB Flash byproduct ported to the DS.
There are a few I've seen announced (sorry can't remember names) but they all seem to be PC ports sadly, but I'm sure theres some "original" titles on the way.

I'm thinking about doing a "DS Games For 2008" style thread like I do with the weekly ones, maybe next month.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There are a few I've seen announced (sorry can't remember names) but they all seem to be PC ports sadly, but I'm sure theres some "original" titles on the way.
I don't mind PC ports, as long as they are well made. Having entire games remade for the DS would be great. What I'm afraid of is that those "ports" will just be loosely related spinoffs of the PC versions, or have 90% of the puzzles removed from the original in order to "fit on the DS".

My fear regarding "original" DS adventures is that they won't be point & click adventures at all, but a collection of logical (or illogical) minigames loosely connected with a story.

Developers should all be forced to play all Lucas Arts' classic adventures on the DS using SCUMM VM, before they ever attempt to make a "point & click adventure". Looky here, people, the DS is capable of all this, and this is the definition of "point and click adventures". Hint hint.

(Touch Detective FTW, by the way
happy.gif
)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple games I'm hoping for in 2008 (that haven't been mentioned yet):

Raid Over the River
DS Air (English version of Jet Impulse.....why the hell hasn't this ever come out yet?)

Other random hopes for 2008:
More arcade compilations
some kind of 3D space-battle game
More 3D adventure games

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sighs although this isnt really a positive thing, with the birth of the DSVISION by nintendo, i have a weird feeling the 2008 ds will have some kinda onboard R4/Supercard/G6/etc recognizer that will prevent us from using our beloved flashcarts!!!

=(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste