PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
So, I know you guys are under an NDA, Buth my Questions should be fine to answer.

So I see on the FAQ page about it being possible to sell your Content on the eShop, How exactly does that work? Do you email it to Nintendo? Does Nintendo Review it before it goes live? Is there certain Quality requirements?

What are all the Utilities you receive from being signed up?
I know of: CTR-ThemeMaker, Unity And MobiClip Encoder. Whats the others if there even is others?

Please only answer if you are part of the Dev Program.
Thanks for your time :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I know you guys are under an NDA, Buth my Questions should be fine to answer.

So I see on the FAQ page about it being possible to sell your Content on the eShop, How exactly does that work? Do you email it to Nintendo? Does Nintendo Review it before it goes live? Is there certain Quality requirements?

What are all the Utilities you receive from being signed up?
I know of: CTR-ThemeMaker, Unity And MobiClip Encoder. Whats the others if there even is others?

Please only answer if you are part of the Dev Program.
Thanks for your time :)
Discussing the publishing process isn't allowed. Discussing the review process isn't allowed. Discussing the tools available isn't allowed. Yeah... You're not going to have much luck with this.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Discussing the publishing process isn't allowed. Discussing the review process isn't allowed. Discussing the tools available isn't allowed. Yeah... You're not going to have much luck with this.

Even if a dev does say something about the way 3ds works it won't matter, the NDA can't really force people to do spit. After all how do you think we have had the first official dev tools for the 3ds when the console was first released?

Last edited by jimmyleen,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Well im trying to find out the tools that are provided before I signup so I know what I can do with them you know? I dont want to signup to something that I wont use.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even if a dev does say something about the way 3ds works it won't matter, the NDA can't really force people to do spit. After all how do you think we have had the first official dev tools for the 3ds when the console was first released?
Yeah... That would have probably been leaked by one or two people who made damn sure they weren't leaking anything that could be traced back to them. Now you have everyone and their grandmother with the SDK who have signed a legally binding NDA, who probably have little or no understanding of how easy it is to track their online personalities back to their physical person.

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm.. I was wondering about this as well. if you can discuss basically nothing, then I have a question. what exactly can you make? Themes? Eshop games? a useless calclator/ alarm clock app? something akin to DSiware? all of the above? and basically, you send your creation to Nintendo some kind of secret way, they approve/review it some secret kind of way, and put it on the Eshop if it's acceptable some secert kind of way, right?

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah... That would have probably been leaked by one or two people who made damn sure they weren't leaking anything that could be traced back to them. Now you have everyone and their grandmother with the SDK who have signed a legally binding NDA, who probably have little or no understanding of how easy it is to track their online personalities back to their physical person.

Yes signing a ninti NDA on a device with anonymity out the who ha is one way of doing it.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say that the tools are worth it if you're interested in making real games, but cannot be for homebrew due to NDA

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tor and vpn services are your best friends...ever.

Edit: I forgot about the throw away emails
Yeah, so you use tor to download it, throw away email, then you go and post something on your GBATemp account, oops now it's tied back to you. Run it on your PC without Tor/VPN running? Oops, maybe it phoned home, and it's now tied back to you.

Yeah, there's ways to cover your ass, most people won't catch them all though, hence the common answer to things like this is "It can't be discussed", otherwise you end up with some idiot posting a bunch of confidential information, and GBAtemp having to worry about Nintendo breathing down their necks.

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, so you use tor to download it, throw away email, then you go and post something on your GBATemp account, oops now it's tied back to you. Run it on your PC without Tor/VPN running? Oops, maybe it phoned home, and it's now tied back to you.

Yeah, there's ways to cover your ass, most people won't catch them all though, hence the common answer to things like this is "It can't be discussed", otherwise you end up with some idiot posting a bunch of confidential information, and GBAtemp having to worry about Nintendo breathing down their necks.

yeah, we definitely don't want Ninty breathing down our necks. especially not their lawyers. I shudder at the thought....

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Guys please stop bickering about NDA. There's already a thread dedicated about it.
Since no one can just say what tools/what can be made from the tools, Can a staff close my thread?

Reactions: Drakia

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country

Post the details on a website with a new account while using tor, vpn(s), and a device that will never be used again with spoofed wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte