WRO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Hello members of GBATemp,

I have a Nintendo Switch Console with Serial XAW70017359... (Lower than XAW700178)
and a System Version of 6.2.0 (Now working with Atmosphere).

But, I plan to use a 256GB SD Card (exFAT) should I format the card with the Switch and
update in order to use exFAT to avoid enabling exFAT through ChoidujourNX. Or just do that
after installing CFW and backing up NAND?

What are pros and cons of using ReiNX vs NS Atmosphere and what is Hekate?

Last question for now at least, would you guys recommend AutoRCM? I heard some users
reporting problems. Or is using jig and dongle safer?

Thanks.

Masamune3210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order of appearance:
  1. Don't use exFAT if you ever intend on using homebrew, as it corrupts really easily due to mistakes in the way it is handled.
  2. It doesn't matter if you let the switch update to use exFAT. or if you use Choi. Same Patch, I suggest the one that doesn't involve you going online.
  3. Should have backed up your nand before you did anything, so you had a clean copy.
  4. I use atmosphere, have no idea about the others since they all intend to do the same thing, allow code exec and let the user do what they want.
  5. Hekate is a sort of management tool, lets you back up nand, fuses, the like
  6. I use it, nice safety layer to make sure you don't ever boot into Official, always custom so fuses don't get burned. You still need a dongle though, as all it does is make the switch boot into rcm immediately instead of needing a jig

Reactions: Essasetic

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reinx is just Atmosphere with signiture patches (which can be loaded onto atmosphere anyway.) I don't see a reason to use Reinx. I've tried all 3 most popular CFW's (Atmosphere, Reinx and SX OS) and I've (personally) had the best experience with Atmosphere.

Masamune3210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use atmosphere, with Kosmos to handle most everything other than it and hekate. SX OS can take a hike, making people pay for basically stolen code is downright wrong

Reactions: Essasetic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."