Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
philip said:
GeekyGuy said:
philip said:
Be warn! your 3D video will be gone after firmware update! Don't know why - I love to see more 3D video and since it is given to us in previous firmware update, why it is deleted without our consent?? Is it legal????

The eShop is still NOT working even the firmware has been updated on 7 June
angry.gif
- There is also new bug appear for the Racer 3D game! Hello? What is happening here?? A very UNHAPPY 3DS owner!!
hateps3.gif

There was a disclaimer that stated the video would be deleted with the next update. It's licensed material, and you've already consented by using their online service. Check the ToS in your system manual.

This is precisely I am question about - Can they delete the video even there was a disclaimer? In some countries, such as Australia, there is law says that the customer has the RIGHT to return an item within 7 purchase days, even there is a disclaimer or ToS that state you cannot return the item. That is, the LAW override the disclaimer to protect customer's right.

Same situation here, you cannot (illegal) delete a software item that has already installed and used in a computer device without telling/warning the user in the first place during the update process. If I like the 3D video very much, I may choose not to update the firmware in the update process in order to keep the 3D video - I may choose to buy another 3DS for update the firmware if I like - But that is MY CHOICE! And no one can force me because that is my RIGHT as a customer...

All the softwares used in the computer ARE licensed material, do you get anything deleted (without the option to backup or undo or uninstall or restore point) when you update your MS Window?? Or for any Computer Software upgraded?? It seems someone do not know "the rule of game" very well.
It seems you do not know "the rule of game" very well. In my experience, immediately before upgrading, it said something similar to "The promotional video from the previous update will be removed when you update", with a Cancel and OK button. So wouldn't that mean you have the choice of allowing it to remove your video, as well as the choice to decline updating altogether and keeping the video? ?_?

1234turtles

Memer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i try to update my 3ds i get a error in the middle of the update. i have tried 3 times and the same results. is anyone else having this problem?

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any point in staying on 1.0 on my 3DS? When flashcarts come out for 3DS, wouldn't it be better to have it on 1.0 to have less security?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
Is there any point in staying on 1.0 on my 3DS? When flashcarts come out for 3DS, wouldn't it be better to have it on 1.0 to have less security?

I can't imagine that question could be answered just yet. On the one hand, less security would seem to always be favorable, but on the other hand, newer firmware may content elements required for future cards to function properly.

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
1234turtles said:
when i try to update my 3ds i get a error in the middle of the update. i have tried 3 times and the same results. is anyone else having this problem?

Yes, a friend of mine had it so he used our internet and then it worked ^^ so try it on a other internet (from a friend or something)

wiibob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm loving the 3ds trailers - i had no interest in starfox because i beat it so many years ago. The trailer has changed my mind - The 3d is jaw dropping
ohmy.gif

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I updated yesterday, sat down expecting to be amazed by the update......
But, in my opinion the update is a fail. Currently the 3store is terrible. I would have thought for a world wide release, more then 3 games would be available (or is this just the UK)??

Wheres the new streetpass quest levels? New puzzle pannels?
So we just complete the Puzzles and StreetPass quest obtaining the Ultimate Helm, then thats it? Im amazed they haven't extended it.

I really expected more from the update, did anyone else?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishykipper said:
Well, I updated yesterday, sat down expecting to be amazed by the update......
But, in my opinion the update is a fail. Currently the 3store is terrible. I would have thought for a world wide release, more then 3 games would be available (or is this just the UK)??

Wheres the new streetpass quest levels? New puzzle pannels?
So we just complete the Puzzles and StreetPass quest obtaining the Ultimate Helm, then thats it? Im amazed they haven't extended it.

I really expected more from the update, did anyone else?

I think that was your first mistake right there, but your points are still well taken. Yeah, some new puzzles and Mii Plaza content would have been nice. Of course, there are obviously a lot more than three games available on the eShop. Aside from DSiWare, there were the two freebies, Link's Awakening, and the VC games. It's not a wall-to-wall selection in terms of 3DS-exclusives, but for folks who skipped DSi, it's boon, I'm sure. It's also ample content for a platform launch.

canaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is a new update now. 2.1.0-3. I didn't saw any difference here. Maybe just for Ridge Racer and to correct the charge light that won't turn off.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
canaman said:
There is a new update now. 2.1.0-3. I didn't saw any difference here. Maybe just for Ridge Racer and to correct the charge light that won't turn off.

I dont see any difference too... maybe DSi to 3DS transfer will be available to Brazilian players.

to transfer my DSi ware I had to change region to USA, I'll test if it is working now for Brazil...

wiibob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
canaman said:
Yeah i updated to, i dont see any changes though - Does this effect flash cards?

canaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Latest System Update and System Feature Update:

June 15, 2011
Nintendo 3DS Menu 2.1.0-3U
Included in this update:

- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments to enhance user experience
- A correction for the screen freeze symptom experienced in the Ridge Racer 3D game
- You can receive automatic updates when a wireless internet connection is available. When the download is complete, you will receive a dialog on the HOME Menu detailing the steps to install the update

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3...menu_update.jsp

wiibob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
canaman said:

June 15, 2011
Included in this update:

- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments to enhance user experience
- A correction for the screen freeze symptom experienced in the Ridge Racer 3D game
- You can receive automatic updates when a wireless internet connection is available. When the download is complete, you will receive a dialog on the HOME Menu detailing the steps to install the update

Yawn, i hope they sneaked something better in there . I really want my netflix
closedeyes.gif

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drkchaos999 said:
My Acekard 2i (Chessmaster) running AKAIO 1.8.7 works without any problems on 3DS Firmware 2.1.0-3U
Yea my Acekard 2i w/ chess Master & AKAIO 1.8.7 works as well. im not noticing any changes... i figured they would do this on saturday before zelda comes out but guess we will see what happens. i would have thought that with the new update AK2i wouldnt work, but guess they dont have a fix yet. what else works?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that's pretty cool. It downloads the update, but it asks you to install it.

Express install for regular users, and no install at all for cart users!
biggrin.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
canaman said:

June 15, 2011
Included in this update:

Oh hey! I wonder if they fixed the DSiWare loading time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password