• Likes 38

What do you think about this "hack"?

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
Not Necessarily
Plus Nintendo Probably Won't Patch it if its only used for Homebrew
You wish LOL! As soon as you can run homebrew-more and more vulnerabilities show up that let you exploit it further. And I doubt people will only use it for homebrew. That's why they all want it to get hacked-free games!

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You wish LOL! As soon as you can run homebrew-more and more vulnerabilities show up that let you exploit it further. And I doubt people will only use it for homebrew. That's why they all want it to get hacked-free games!
Well then let Nintendo Patch it lol
Once its Patched another exploit will come about anyway
Nothing is ever Perfect Remember

D

Deleted User

OP
That has nothing to do with it and I'm going to update the news article. Everybody please read it.

Edit: News post is updated and has an excellent article about 3DS piracy concerns from a developer. Make that 2 developers actually. Please read it since there seems to be a lot of debate on these topics.

rupok93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got to be kidding....

The thing is I am a college student and didn't bother getting a credit card. I use paypal for my online purchases. If need be I use my parents card and then pay them back later but can't do that cause their card has been used way to much last month for holiday shopping.

Ill try and see if I can donate eventually but can't do it this month.

Supez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This developer is just whining. As the other article said, it's very easy to blame piracy for everything. Boldly pointing that something is "bullshit" without any evidence whatsoever does not make that guy look better, either. I had never heard of his game, but now I know to steer far from him.

While the second article pointed out how difficult it can be to get a game in certain European countries, I'd go far beyond. The video games industry seems to care only about the US, richer western Europe and Japan, where there are cheap games on every corner. Sometimes, rarely, Korea/China. That leaves most countries with highly expensive games incompatible with the average wage. The eShop does not help at all, as Nintendo always opts to put digital prices even higher than the location's retail price to avoid console boycotts from shops. In these situations, yes, it helps a lot to see if a game isn't plain "bullshit" before bothering to buy instead of blindly wasting one fifth of your paycheck, even more so when nowadays "professional" reviews are completely unreliable. Although many change their account's location to Alaska or something like that, that is just as illegal as pirating.
In short, they don't make their games officially available for my location, I pirate it. They are not losing sales because they are not available here.

Of course, there are always people who just don't want to pay, but I believe these don't hurt the market as much as people usually think.

Plus, hacking will inevitably lead to extra features for the console, higher console sales and homebrew game development. About his statement, not everybody has the means or dedication to care about the real dev kit. Many just want to be amused by seeing their own game in a big-name console, even if it is some crappy glitchy pong.

If pirating kills a console, then the DS and the PSP must have been failures, no?

D

Deleted User

OP
The thing is I am a college student and didn't bother getting a credit card. I use paypal for my online purchases. If need be I use my parents card and then pay them back later but can't do that cause their card has been used way to much last month for holiday shopping.

Ill try and see if I can donate eventually but can't do it this month.
Buy a $25 pre-paid card and register it online with the card's site and you can use it online-that's what I always do.

This developer is just whining. As the other article said, it's very easy to blame piracy for everything. Boldly pointing that something is "bullshit" without any evidence whatsoever does not make that guy look better, either. I had never heard of his game, but now I know to steer far from him.

While the second article pointed out how difficult it can be to get a game in certain European countries, I'd go far beyond. The video games industry seems to care only about the US, richer western Europe and Japan, where there are cheap games on every corner. Sometimes, rarely, Korea/China. That leaves most countries with highly expensive games incompatible with the average wage. The eShop does not help at all, as Nintendo always opts to put digital prices even higher than the location's retail price to avoid console boycotts from shops. In these situations, yes, it helps a lot to see if a game isn't plain "bullshit" before bothering to buy instead of blindly wasting one fifth of your paycheck, even more so when nowadays "professional" reviews are completely unreliable. Although many change their account's location to Alaska or something like that, that is just as illegal as pirating.
In short, they don't make their games officially available for my location, I pirate it. They are not losing sales because they are not available here.

Of course, there are always people who just don't want to pay, but I believe these don't hurt the market as much as people usually think.

Plus, hacking will inevitably lead to extra features for the console, higher console sales and homebrew game development. About his statement, not everybody has the means or dedication to care about the real dev kit. Many just want to be amused by seeing their own game in a big-name console, even if it is some crappy glitchy pong.

If pirating kills a console, then the DS and the PSP must have been failures, no?
I agree that a lot of what Watsham is saying is BS, and I also agree that piracy isn't the only thing that effects it-but at the same time Watsham has made some of the best DS and 3DS games so steering away from his games would be a big mistake. :P
-_- You know what I Mean....

But Yes I Kinda Hope the 3DS isn't hacked Exploit isnt released atleast until after a Main Series Pokemon Game is released :D
January 8th is the big PKMN announcement- I'm hoping for a Hoen region remake rather than an entirely new game. Plus I can't wait for Mystery Dungeon at the end of March. One of my favorite series.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Buy a $25 pre-paid card and register it online with the card's site and you can use it online-that's what I always do.

I agree that a lot of what Watsham is saying is BS, and I also agree that piracy isn't the only thing that effects it-but at the same time Watsham has made some of the best DS and 3DS games so steering away from his games would be a big mistake. :P

January 8th is the big PKMN announcement- I'm hoping for a Hoen region remake rather than an entirely new game. Plus I can't wait for Mystery Dungeon at the end of March. One of my favorite series.
I Already know about the Big Anouncement and if its a remake they will probably be on 3DS

Supez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Watch it just be some stupid event. I'll be pissed. lol
Exactly my thoughts. Perhaps one of the Japan only Dream World events? That would be awesome. Less likely, something like Pokémon Rangers: Revenge of the Redeemable Pokémon or Pokémon Typing 2.
My other bet is the new battle/box console game, since the Wii U has just been released and could use some help selling.

D

Deleted User

OP
Exactly my thoughts. Perhaps one of the Japan only Dream World events? That would be awesome. Less likely, something like Pokémon Rangers: Revenge of the Redeemable Pokémon or Pokémon Typing 2.
My other bet is the new battle/box console game, since the Wii U has just been released and could use some help selling.
HIGHLY doubt the last post. Wii U was JUST released and 3DS has been out for 2 years-meaning they have been working on a new Pokemon 3D engine since then and after this new game-we'll see a new pokemon game based on the same engine for the next 3 years. haha

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Game Freak only Develops the Main Series Games they don't make the Spin Offs

To Backup my Post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Freak

Makapaka12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this going to be a cartridge or is it going to be files for the SD Card, also read that Neimod based it on a retail game cartridge, what does this mean?

Supez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, but I entered the page before your previous post. :(
It seems like a waste to create an engine for the DS on its dying years and then abandon it after two games released in quick succession.

I hope it is the RS remake after all, and that it has secret bases.
...It could be also Pokémon Gray...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: