You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
To everyone disappointed about Animal Crossing:

I don't get why people want to see the game. Sure I put hundreds of hours into the DS one, and I'll get the 3DS one, but literally all the games are the same. The only thing they could really announce is whether it will have voice chat, and show a trailer of the same stuff we've seen in the other games.
Pretty sure it will have voice chat, or at least it should. Wii had it if you bought WiiSpeak. And this AC will be very different. Still AC at its core, but the videos that ARE out show it looking very impressive, very redesigned, and adding a lot of features. This really will be the ultimate Animal Crossing game, and it shows. It's not the same as the DS/Wii version, but is far more. I'm really hoping Nintendo doesn't pull a NSMB styled greedy cash in by making a separate game for WiiU. City Folk was pretty much a slightly tweaked Wild World, which meant that you couldn't connect the two.

With Nintendo going all out on this new Animal Crossing game, they should make it a dual release for 3DS and WiiU. I'd be disappointed if they made a slightly different version for the WiiU after spending so much time on the 3DS one. That would only make them incompatible. Having the same game available for both systems (WiiU launch/window, too!) would mean people on their WiiU could play the game with 3DS users and vice versa. Gamesaves stored in the cloud using Nintendo Network could make it so you could play the game on your WiiU at home, and 3DS away. It'd be nice. It would have also been reassuring to see some a new trailer, or at least ANY new info.
TL;DR: Animal Crossing Jump Out should be a 3DS & WiiU title, and it will definitely by the definitive Animal Crossing.

Reactions: 1 person

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is holding back a lot of games which they didn't reveal in E3. I think they would rather showcase these titles in a "one-party" event like the Pre-TGS and 3DS launch detail show.
They definitely are. They were holding back Fire Emblem until Reggie accidentally announced it.

They said something about Retro Studios working really hard on a Wii U title. There are definitely more Wii U titles that they aren't mentioning until we get closer to launch.

Nintendo is definitely working on some more 3DS stuff, but doesn't want to mention it because it may not be ready for this year.

If they announced every project they were working on, they would have nothing to announce in the future.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is holding back a lot of games which they didn't reveal in E3. I think they would rather showcase these titles in a "one-party" event like the Pre-TGS and 3DS launch detail show.
They definitely are. They were holding back Fire Emblem until Reggie accidentally announced it.

They said something about Retro Studios working really hard on a Wii U title. There are definitely more Wii U titles that they aren't mentioning until we get closer to launch.

Nintendo is definitely working on some more 3DS stuff, but doesn't want to mention it because it may not be ready for this year.

If they announced every project they were working on, they would have nothing to announce in the future.
Also, Project-P 100 was an interesting Wii U game that was skipped at the conference for whatever reason. It was talked about by Reggie on Spike.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Didn't you hear? E3's over. Nintendo sucked HARD. There are no other games, get over your delusions.

Snip
They still have a couple of titles: Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and other third party games.

Well, for MH3G, if you base on the amount of time Tri got localized, 3G will only hit in around September if it does hit western shores.

This year's E3 is dread fuck shit. Luckily I kept my hopes low, that's why I don't feel as bad.

There's no need to be this rude as well pal.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't you hear? E3's over. Nintendo sucked HARD. There are no other games, get over your delusions.

Snip
They still have a couple of titles: Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and other third party games.

Well, for MH3G, if you base on the amount of time Tri got localized, 3G will only hit in around September if it does hit western shores.

This year's E3 is dread fuck shit. Luckily I kept my hopes low, that's why I don't feel as bad.

Chris...I was joking.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Snip

Chris...I was joking.
On a serious note, I was actually very disappointed in this year's E3.

The only good thing about the 3DS is that Fire Emblem will be localized.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

Also, Project-P 100 was an interesting Wii U game that was skipped at the conference for whatever reason. It was talked about by Reggie on Spike.
This was a third party centric event this year, we have known for a while now that Miyamoto have been working on multiple new titles including new IP's.
Retro has been saying that they're working on a title everyone wants them to do.
Nintendo has been hiring people like crazy to work on textures, models, and game programming. In the west they've been getting some big name devs on board too.

This time they focused on third parties making them happy and comfortable for not having a 90% Nintendo show again. It's almost the same mistake they did with the 3DS, except that this time they have key franchises like Pikmin 3 right out the gate.

For me Pikmin 3 was the highlight of their presentation, looking at the demo and how excited they are about it saying that it's the most deepest title in the series makes me very interested in seeing how it plays.

On another note, the stocks dropped after their presentation. This is a good thing for us, because now they're more likely to announce something sooner than expected, either at another conference or another Nintendo direct.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

This was a third party centric event this year, we have know, for a while now that Miyamoto have been working on multiple new titles including new IP's.
Retro has been saying that they're working on a title everyone wants them to do.
Nintendo has been hiring people like crazy to work on textures, models, and game programming. In the west they've been getting some big name devs on board too.

This time they focused on third parties making them happy and comfortable for not having a 90% Nintendo show again. It's almost the same mistake they did with the 3DS, except that this time they have key franchises like Pikmin 3 right out the gate.

For me Pikmin 3 was the highlight of their presentation, looking at the demo and how excited they are about it saying that it's the most deepest title in the series makes me very interested to see how it plays.

On another note, the stocks dropped after their presentation. This is a good thing for us, because now they're more likely to announce something sooner than expected, either at another conference or another Nintendo direct.
I kinda disagree with the bold.

To me, the 3DS had three large launch mistakes. They had nothing to do with the E3 presentation.

1. The price. We all know that the 3DS was going to be more expensive than the DS series, but definitely not by that much. $80/¥5,000 is a very steep jump.

If the Wii U were to be $350, that's a $100 jump from the Wii, which is worse!

2. Launch Games. If the 3DS had at least decent launch titles to cover up the high price point, then it isn't exactly a failure. The lack of games and the steep price led to the failure launch.

If the Wii U can throw in a few good first party games and some decent third parties, even at $350, it won't suffer such a bad fate.

3. It Is Just Not Ready. It lacked proper online features and the system is overall very plain.

The Wii U, with Miiverse, browser and all other functionalities at launch, definitely won't suffer as much as the 3DS.

About the shares thing, I hope so as well. I want to hear more titles being localized (c'mon capcom). At least Fire Emblem is confirmed, so yay.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

To me, the 3DS had three large launch mistakes. They had nothing to do with the E3 presentation.

1. The price. We all know that the 3DS was going to be more expensive than the DS series, but definitely not by that much. $80/¥5,000 is a very steep jump.

2. Launch Games. If the 3DS had at least decent launch titles to cover up the high price point, then it isn't exactly a failure. The lack of games and the steep price led to the failure launch.

If the Wii U can throw in a few good first party games and some decent third parties, even at $350, it won't suffer such a bad fate.

3. It Is Just Not Ready. It lacked proper online features and the system is overall very plain.

The Wii U, with Miiverse, browser and all other functionalities at launch, definitely won't suffer as much as the 3DS.

About the shares thing, I hope so as well. I want to hear more titles being localized (c'mon capcom). At least Fire Emblem is confirmed, so yay.

Yeah I know, I've said these things before too, I just wanted to point out that they're trying to make third parties more comfortable with developing games on their newly revealed system.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Yeah I know, I've said these things before too, I just wanted to point out that they're trying to make third parties more comfortable with developing games on their newly revealed system.
All I can say is... I wish Nintendo good luck.

I hope the third parties don't back out all of a sudden. Miiverse is fantastic but.. I'm just worried.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While I think the shown games were pretty good, especially Castlevania, I just don't understand the absence of Metroid. It's six years since a handheld Metroid game was released. So what are they waiting for? I had so much hope for Metroid on this e3, and bam... nothing.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just want to say thank you soulx to make these kind of threads, these really help to get information about E3 quickly on this forum, thanks!

OT: Looking forward to Luigi's Mansion 2, the other titles not that much. Oh, and Fire Emblem of course :yay:

Reactions: 2 people

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Where the hell is F-Zero 3D!?

:(

I also expected a lot more from Nintendo on the 3D movies side of things.
The silly show they advertised looks fun, i Like that crap. But I want to buy movies Nintendo. BUY THEM!

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now that I think about it, the conference wasn't bad.

We're used to Nintendo announcing a ton of things fans wanted all at one time. Like, "Bam! New handheld with glasses-free technology! Bringing back Kid Icarus too! Why not take a remake of Zelda with that?"

I feel like they used to announce everything they were working on, and fans loved it. But then everyone was pissed because it took soooo long to get those games. For example, Kid Icarus wasn't released until an entire year after the launch of the 3DS when many people thought it would be a launch title. Everything they showed this year, will be out within the next six months. They showed a ton of games that we don't have our hands on yet, and there's more to come. Everyone is just disappointed that we didn't see anything new.

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
They showed Four Swords on screen, but they still haven't said a word about making it available to people who missed it the first time...

That's true.They should leave it on eShop forever! :D
Besides that, I want a copy of this game too (I bought my 3DS after the game's availability time..)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: