Nikkei: Project Cafe includes 6" touchscreen, camera

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Foie said:
And I bitched that the Wii's controllers were expensive. ($60 a wiimote+nunchuck combo plus extra for classic controllers)

This is going to be absurd. Like in the $80-$100 price range... (my guess)

You are acting like you are going to be buying 4 of them all at the same time, not to mention the fact that Nintendo didn't force you to buy additional components for the Wii Remote unless you wanted to play certain games. I got a Classic Controller Pro for cheaper when I bought Goldeneye though, so I am not complaining about that. You didn't have to buy them, you didn't have to buy the Motion Plus adaptor, you aren't being forced to buy additional controllers.

I'd be willing to bet that the 6 inch touch screen means there might be content that can be accessed on 3DS cartridges in the future that you could slot into the controller and download from your console, that would be cool. Or take certain games on the go with the controller if it had an SD card slot.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DSGamer64 said:
Foie said:
And I bitched that the Wii's controllers were expensive. ($60 a wiimote+nunchuck combo plus extra for classic controllers)

This is going to be absurd. Like in the $80-$100 price range... (my guess)

You are acting like you are going to be buying 4 of them all at the same time, not to mention the fact that Nintendo didn't force you to buy additional components for the Wii Remote unless you wanted to play certain games. I got a Classic Controller Pro for cheaper when I bought Goldeneye though, so I am not complaining about that. You didn't have to buy them, you didn't have to buy the Motion Plus adaptor, you aren't being forced to buy additional controllers.

I'd be willing to bet that the 6 inch touch screen means there might be content that can be accessed on 3DS cartridges in the future that you could slot into the controller and download from your console, that would be cool. Or take certain games on the go with the controller if it had an SD card slot.
I will be buying 4 controllers at launch.

Even with all the hard core graphics and improvements nintendo is talking about, I am sure they will still have those family fun and kiddy games.
I dont usually let my brothers/family use my personal consoles(apart from Wii), and the same will be with Wiiii. I would need those controllers.

SO, the less they cost, the better its for me
smile.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
KingVamp said:
chris888222 said:
You know, that's really cool!

People who want to play their wii2 games can play it anytime now.

Smart move, Nintendo. Now you just need some amazing third party support and a good price and you're going to earn lots.
I doubt you be able to leave the house with it tho.
it's true you can it has a built in rechargeable battery you can charge , unplug and play it anywhere on the screen on the controller.

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This will probably end up like the motion controls for the Wii; some games will have it, some won't, and some will minimally/optionally use it.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
MakiManPR said:
Goli said:
Veho said:
Why are people assuming the controller will be a standalone console?
Because they have reading comprehension problems.
LMAO Great Comment!!

And those saying the 3DS is the controller, 3DS' screen isnt 6-inches
6in isn't really confirm either.

I think thats what Nikkei confirmed

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
This information supposedly comes from a close 3rd party contact...

“Nintendo’s new machine is powerful and though I hate to bash, it won’t be another Dreamcast. This will be the PS2 of its generation.”

Source

O.O that would be wuite good ps2 have lots of games

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone remember that?
sammy_keyboard.JPG
Just replace the keyboard with a screen and you almost have your café controller x)

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Valwin said:
QUOTE said:
This information supposedly comes from a close 3rd party contact...

“Nintendo’s new machine is powerful and though I hate to bash, it won’t be another Dreamcast. This will be the PS2 of its generation.”

Source

O.O that would be wuite good ps2 have lots of games

wow if thats true Nintendo has came back to the hardcore market
though can't sleep without thinking on how the controller will be. This last 2 days before E3 will be eternals

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Okay a normal controller for any console costs about £30, add Screen to it.. lets say £50?
BUT FUCK! Who the fuck wants to pay £50 for a controller? A SIMPLE BASIC GAMING CONTROLLER!

A wireless 360 pad is still £40 new.

QUOTE said:
"NEXT GEN GAMING" on a little screen on the controller? HD? Resolution?
Are you fucking kidding me...

If it's 6 inch you wouldn't need it to be HD to have a really sweet DPI. I personally can see some good things coming of this. Like VR without the stupid helmet/glasses setup.

QUOTE(tigris @ Jun 3 2011, 08:49 PM)
Fuck the Wii 2. I've been appreciative of Nintendo hardware up to now, and it seems they've priced themselves out of the market.
You keep saying that. How much is this going to cost please? You obviously have inside information no one else does.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Okay a normal controller for any console costs about £30, add Screen to it.. lets say £50?
BUT FUCK! Who the fuck wants to pay £50 for a controller? A SIMPLE BASIC GAMING CONTROLLER!

"NEXT GEN GAMING" on a little screen on the controller? HD? Resolution?
Are you fucking kidding me...
Well us Australians have to pay $100 for a PS3/360 controller...
Anyway you don't even know the price...
Plus I have a feeling it's gonna be cheaper then the other consoles...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte