Hacking Nfirm Downgrade Problem 11.2 to 10.4

Foxen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello guys I have a new 3DS XL and have done the dsi firmware downgrade.

I can run dgtool and have a hacked fieldrunners and oot hax running.

I try to downgrade from 11.2 to 10.4 with the right files and dgtool 2.0. Dg tool says it is downgraded but when I check it with 3ds ident later my nfirm is still 2.52 ... and not 2.50.

I already triple cheked my files and also tried to use the old dg tool and also tried 11.1 -> 10.4 firmware.
It is everytime the same. I cant downgrade but dg tool says it is. 3DS ident says it isn´t

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Do you have the CIA for the 10.4?
Hello guys I have a new 3DS XL and have done the dsi firmware downgrade.

I can run dgtool and have a hacked fieldrunners and oot hax running.

I try to downgrade from 11.2 to 10.4 with the right files and dgtool 2.0. Dg tool says it is downgraded but when I check it with 3ds ident later my nfirm is still 2.52 ... and not 2.50.

I already triple cheked my files and also tried to use the old dg tool and also tried 11.1 -> 10.4 firmware.
It is everytime the same. I cant downgrade but dg tool says it is. 3DS ident says it isn´t

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I have the bin files from the pialect guide. What do I do with the cia files ?
I followed the guide with the dsi downgrade. There was no .cia file. Is there a new method ?
Oh, I thought there was, let me re-read the guide

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have the bin files from the pialect guide. What do I do with the cia files ?
I followed the guide with the dsi downgrade. There was no .cia file. Is there a new method ?
Idk what could be the problem(mainly because I haven't done the downgrade myself :( )
Sorry.. Maybe someone with experience could help

spellfire

Trophies
XP
Country
hope you get an answer cos Im in the same boat don't know if I missed something not seeing anything I might of missed
11.2 to 10.4 copying 4 meg ... done then go check and still on 11.2 and with that checker software still 2.52

oh and if you figure it out what you missed please share in case I made the same mistake

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
hope you get an answer cos Im in the same boat don't know if I missed something not seeing anything I might of missed
11.2 to 10.4 copying 4 meg ... done then go check and still on 11.2 and with that checker software still 2.52

oh and if you figure it out what you missed please share in case I made the same mistake
Try it again. This time, completely turn off the system before checking with 3dsident after running dgTool.
Make sure it says "NEW 3DS and 11.2" in the upper left corner of dgTool before dowgrading. also check that all files (2) in the dgtool folder are 4MB.

Last edited by zoogie,

spellfire

Trophies
XP
Country
I ran it again and it worked the confusing bit is dosn't change the system number only the kernal and the other one so be sure to check with the checker in the home brew

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I ran it again and it worked the confusing bit is dosn't change the system number only the kernal and the other one so be sure to check with the checker in the home brew
It doesn't change the system firmware number because it just allows you to do a normal downgrade (which 10.7 and less would be able to do right away without nfirm downgrade).

Foxen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Try some different enterypoint. Check them here: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

I personally used basehaxx, so if you have some of ORAS version, try it. I never used OOThax, so unfortunate I can't help you with it.

*edit

If I got you right, you installed 10.4 version of oothax? If yes, then that's the problem. Even if it's partially downgraded to 10.4, it still used 11.2 firmware to enter homebrew, so in this case, you still need to install latest version of OOTHAX, not older, use latest one.

Last edited by Virdoo,

Foxen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm strange I dumped the Nand via dgtool, and patched the nand with autofirm and flashed it back with dg tool (no soldering). 3dsident shows still kernel and firm 2.52-0 °_°. Have I done something wrong ?

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Could you perhaps stop ignoring my advice and therefore stop asking for help? It's not like I gave you answer...

Foxen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I followed your advice, and installed oothax 11.2. I can now enter Homebrelauncher again. But even with autofirm (without hardmod) dg tool and nanddump. I still have kernel 2.52. I cheked the cias twice. So I am out of ideas °_°

Last edited by Foxen,

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Just stop checking those kernels... Get into sysdowngrader and start downgrading. You have nandbackup and if anything goes wrong, you will be able to reflash it, since you have hardmodded your device correctly. And stop talking about that dg tool also... I never heard about it, and downgraded 2 consoles without it.

chaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And stop talking about that dg tool also... I never heard about it
DGTool is the recognised downgrade tool used in the Plailect guide for dsi downgrade, so it's perfectly acceptable for Foxen to make reference to this in his query. Everyone is strongly encouraged to follow the Plailect guide, and are generally criticised if they don't!

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: