Nfirm Downgrade Problem 11.2 to 10.4

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Foxen, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Foxen
    OP

Foxen Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hello guys I have a new 3DS XL and have done the dsi firmware downgrade.

I can run dgtool and have a hacked fieldrunners and oot hax running.

I try to downgrade from 11.2 to 10.4 with the right files and dgtool 2.0. Dg tool says it is downgraded but when I check it with 3ds ident later my nfirm is still 2.52 ... and not 2.50.

I already triple cheked my files and also tried to use the old dg tool and also tried 11.1 -> 10.4 firmware.
    It is everytime the same. I cant downgrade but dg tool says it is. 3DS ident says it isn´t

2. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Do you have the CIA for the 10.4?

3. Foxen
    OP

Foxen Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I have the bin files from the pialect guide. What do I do with the cia files ?
    I followed the guide with the dsi downgrade. There was no .cia file. Is there a new method ?

4. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Oh, I thought there was, let me re-read the guide

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Idk what could be the problem(mainly because I haven't done the downgrade myself :( )
    Sorry.. Maybe someone with experience could help

5. spellfire

spellfire Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2016
    hope you get an answer cos Im in the same boat don't know if I missed something not seeing anything I might of missed
    11.2 to 10.4 copying 4 meg ... done then go check and still on 11.2 and with that checker software still 2.52

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

oh and if you figure it out what you missed please share in case I made the same mistake

6. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Try it again. This time, completely turn off the system before checking with 3dsident after running dgTool.
    Make sure it says "NEW 3DS and 11.2" in the upper left corner of dgTool before dowgrading. also check that all files (2) in the dgtool folder are 4MB.

Last edited by zoogie, Nov 15, 2016
  7. Virdoo

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
  8. spellfire

spellfire Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2016
    I ran it again and it worked the confusing bit is dosn't change the system number only the kernal and the other one so be sure to check with the checker in the home brew

9. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It doesn't change the system firmware number because it just allows you to do a normal downgrade (which 10.7 and less would be able to do right away without nfirm downgrade).

10. Foxen
    OP

Foxen Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
  11. Virdoo

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Try some different enterypoint. Check them here: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

I personally used basehaxx, so if you have some of ORAS version, try it. I never used OOThax, so unfortunate I can't help you with it.

*edit

If I got you right, you installed 10.4 version of oothax? If yes, then that's the problem. Even if it's partially downgraded to 10.4, it still used 11.2 firmware to enter homebrew, so in this case, you still need to install latest version of OOTHAX, not older, use latest one.

Last edited by Virdoo, Nov 15, 2016
  12. Foxen
    OP

Foxen Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    hmm strange I dumped the Nand via dgtool, and patched the nand with autofirm and flashed it back with dg tool (no soldering). 3dsident shows still kernel and firm 2.52-0 °_°. Have I done something wrong ?

13. Virdoo

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Could you perhaps stop ignoring my advice and therefore stop asking for help? It's not like I gave you answer...

14. Foxen
    OP

Foxen Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I followed your advice, and installed oothax 11.2. I can now enter Homebrelauncher again. But even with autofirm (without hardmod) dg tool and nanddump. I still have kernel 2.52. I cheked the cias twice. So I am out of ideas °_°

Last edited by Foxen, Nov 17, 2016
  15. Virdoo

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Just stop checking those kernels... Get into sysdowngrader and start downgrading. You have nandbackup and if anything goes wrong, you will be able to reflash it, since you have hardmodded your device correctly. And stop talking about that dg tool also... I never heard about it, and downgraded 2 consoles without it.

16. chaser

chaser Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2005
    DGTool is the recognised downgrade tool used in the Plailect guide for dsi downgrade, so it's perfectly acceptable for Foxen to make reference to this in his query. Everyone is strongly encouraged to follow the Plailect guide, and are generally criticised if they don't!

Quantumcat likes this.