nextronics sensor eyes

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by bobnabob, Mar 25, 2010.

Mar 25, 2010

nextronics sensor eyes by bobnabob at 9:00 PM (2,186 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. bobnabob
    OP

Newcomer bobnabob Member

United States
    http://www.videogamebundle.com/sensoreyes.html

Has anyone tried these? Are they legit? My current sensor bar has a range of about 6 feet and in my living room that really sucks, the way we have things set up. They also have a Sensor Bar HD, which I also haven't heard anything about. If anyone has tried either product and can vouch for their range I would be most appreciative.

2. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    It should work. All a "sensor bar" really is is just a couple of Infrared LEDs

3. bobnabob
    OP

Newcomer bobnabob Member

United States
    I guess I'm more asking about what their effective range is. They claim either 25 or 30 ft, cant remember off the top of my head. If the range is as far as they claim, I will be purchasing one in the near future. I'd just like some sort of review or backing up of their claim.

4. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    while i havend used them i think it is pervectly possible to extend the range
    if the leds are bright enough(technically no problem but the might went for cheap ones)
    you can eg double the max distance by doubling the distance between the two leds
    note that this also doubles the minimum distance and the required movement distance
    in games that use ir to measure distance(eg warioware 3d cursor (pick nose) might use this)

5. bobnabob
    OP

Newcomer bobnabob Member

United States
    OK I bit the bullet and ordered the sensor eyes, I'll post a review here once they've arrived

6. bobnabob
    OP

Newcomer bobnabob Member

United States
    They came in today and they are AWESOME! They could not work any more perfectly than they do. Highly recommended to anyone trying to extend the sensing range of their wii!