Discussion Next wishes for the Switch Hacking!

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Sumandora, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    You know what I mean

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    While you or I may have a clue on what you're referring to, that is more than we can say for the rest of GBATemp who believe coldboot has to be inherently untethered to work, thinking Kosmos is a separate CFW from Atmosphere, or somehow shortening ChoiDujourNX to ChoiDujour even though ChoiDujour is its own application. There is no reason to be correct and specific about the things we are referring to especially if it helps stomp misconceptions for people who do not know any better.

Asia81 likes this.
  3. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    my wishes for Switch hacking are a less toxic scene full of anal retentive, know it all bigots.

c0minzr likes this.
  4. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    I know it's happening but can't wait for psp support.

stitchxd likes this.
  5. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    Not that all games work, but I run *some* full speed N64 and PS1 games at full speed. Limited list I play are: Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, & FF7 - all play full speed for most if not the whole game at stock speed. A lot of games do not work this way but the 3 listed do. I am plenty sure more do as well, as other have reported.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

PSP support will be LIT bro. I am excited to play my PSP games on the go (Sarcasm in the last half there.) Hopefully it upscales too!

6. c0minzr

c0minzr Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Untethered permanent CFW.

Ability to use .nsp online

That's pretty much it.

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Untethered permanent CFW is impossible but an untethered coldboot exploit is theoretically possible on firmwares 3.0.1 and below so I hope you didn't burn more than 4 fuses (and even then, no one is actively working per SciresM's word).

Using .NSP files online is actually impossible since you need a ticket signed by Nintendo to play digital titles online. And the signature is 2,048 characters long. And I'm pretty sure its locked tighter than Fort Knox. But the good news is that if you ever get your hands on that key, you can just sign CFW and anything else effectively giving you permanent CFW :rofl2:

ZachyCatGames likes this.
  8. nutsack

nutsack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    :rofl2:

Now a PS2 emulator would be amazing.

9. 2Hack

2Hack HYPiavelli

Nov 26, 2014
    Canada
    Underground
    sorry dude

10. The0919

The0919 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2017
    United States
    Behind you
    A flashcard similar to Sky3DS that you can play backups from. That would be pretty dope

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Practically speaking, those are the same thing to the end user

11. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Impossible, unless you’re using CFW

wat. No they aren’t, they’re completely different things

Draxzelex likes this.
  12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    An untethered coldboot exploit has absolutely nothing to do with signing a file with Nintendo's private key. If an end user thinks they are the same thing, they are stupid.

ZachyCatGames likes this.
  13. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I usually let this go, but I got inspired by your posts to other people in this thread correcting their statements. You don't discover exploits. You discover vulnerabilities and create exploits to take advantage of them.

14. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Luckily this is totally within the realms of possibility.

April fools, no it's not.

gizmomelb and c0minzr like this.
  15. scroeffie1984

scroeffie1984 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2019
    Netherlands
    nsp on external hdd

16. c0minzr

c0minzr Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2019
    United Kingdom
    True.

Doesn't matter what community I'm part of, if it's the Switch modding scene, various gaming scenes, the IWC, or projects I've worked on for programming.

If you are with a group of people passionate about something, there's always people who take it too seriously, or want everyone to stroke their ego as some sage of the subject.

There's ***** in any community, that's just life.

17. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    8139F966-DB83-4973-A5F4-3A54430AA96E.

18. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    What would I like? Let's see...

*A definitive, comprehensive, AIO Permanent CFW package with an error handler so I'm not having to constantly pull out an OTG cable or have my laptop nearby for when something on the Switch crashes. Also so I'm not confused on which one's better to use than the other. On that note...

*Better supported software. I've just now started getting into OpenBOR. It's the MUGEN of Beat 'Em Ups, I love it. But why the hell does it seem destined to crash when I run it docked? I know CFW has to be updated and that it can break compatibility and the like, I get that. This ain't my first day on the job (not that I get paid to work with CFW, obviously). I just would like some of the homebrew made not named RetroArch, NX-Shell, or such fantastically named emulators like pNES (why is it that every standalone emulator has a lowercase p preceding it, anyways!?) to receive support, or at least enough followup to notify people that support for something got broken by, say, an update to 5.1.2 CFW or something along those lines.

*If there's going to be a Switch Pro, it would be nice to know what's gonna work on one and not the other, or at least have some guidelines for how to plan for that kind of nonsense. Again, this is merely a hypothetical scenario: I doubt Nintendo would be so stupid as to allow their system to be hackable via something as common and simple as a paper clip or a $2 jig you can buy off of eBay...right? RIGHT!?

*This is going to be controversial, but honestly, I don't agree with the high priority of constantly writing Atmosphere to be anti-whatever stability update Nintendo puts out is worth the time when the word of wisdom from anyone who knows how any computing device works has said, and has repeated, and has constantly gone on about not updating your system's firmware at the risk of losing your CFW. I have two Switches, one that's clean and one that can take the hacking ban and not damage my account and the purchases I've already made within it. I can afford games and other things mostly because of my living situation right now, and don't feel the need to update unless if homebrew requires a specific CFW version of a OFW update. I type this thought out under one assumption: these constant "stability" updates are taking away from the main development of getting a Switch with the above goal: complete access, permanent, and without the risk of being kicked back to OFW in an easy way. I don't know if it's a lot of work proportionally to writing new code for new features of Atmosphere to get it to do everything it can to achieve the top goal, but I'd rather keep my hacked Switch off while my desktop is finally back in action and wait for the above solution as opposed to wasting valuable time fiddling with something that, IMO, isn't as reliable or consistent as that red wire/blue wire Wii hack from back in the day!

gizmomelb and c0minzr like this.
  19. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    That doesn't sound like any word of wisdom I've ever heard.

It's worth keeping your firmware low before any exploit comes out, because the bugs often get fixed before someone has released an exploit.

The RCM entry point on the switch is unfixable & if an untethered coldboot comes out in the future then keeping your burned fuses as low as possible achieves the same thing.

On the other hand everyone in the PS4 scene will be bummed if a coldboot CFW is possible, but the exploit was fixed in 3.x

Last edited by smf, Apr 1, 2019
  20. bandar

bandar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2017
    Saudi Arabia
    SD2Vita but for the switch.