Next step for backup launcher

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by snuka, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009

Next step for backup launcher by snuka at 6:04 PM (1,949 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. snuka
    OP

Newcomer snuka Member

United States
    I'm on 3.2U (never downgraded), HBC reports IOS36 v4.18
    Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma, IOS249

I did the Twilight hack about a year ago and nothing since. Every backup I put in worked until this weekend when I acquired Tiger2010. I loaded it and got the 002 error that I've read so much about. I then tried Punchout which just gave me a black screen. Darn, that hack was working so good for so long but I guess all good things must come to an end.

I read up on the 002 error and from what I gather, I either have to patch the iso with the scrubber program before burning or I have to install some additional loader in HBC to get around the error. Is that right? I hope not because I am lazy and would like to just burn what I get without patching and run them through the Backup launcher channel like I always have.

Is there a new and improved Backup Launcher other than the WiiGator one I've been using? If so, is it an update or a whole new program? I've read a lot about the USB loader and I think that might be my next hack once I get an extra drive. Does the USB loader automatically fix the 002 error to or am I back to patching ISOs? I plan to go the USB route once I get that drive but for now I have plenty of Verbatim DVD-Rs that I would like to put to use. These dvds have always worked great for me no matter the speed I burn them. I burned Tiger and Punchout at 4x btw.

What my next best move to play current games that are giving me 002 errors through a backup launcher channel without patching?

Is is good that I am on 3.2U or does it matter anymore if I'm on 4.0?

Great site, forum and thread. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    All your questions are answered. In the backup forum, go there.

3. natemckn

Member natemckn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, you have a lot of questions, and I do not have many answers but here is what I have.
    Punch Out requires a new IOS that is included in 3.4, but you can install it on 3.2 pretty easily through wad manager. The files you need are:
    ios38-64-v3610.wad
    ios53-64-v4113.wad
    ios55-64-v4633.wad
    You have to google for them or you can get them off the disc itself, they are illegal to link to here.

You probably need to update your cIOS as well, rev13a is the most compatible and can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?tmyoiygmzzy

As for loading backups, the newest and best is Neogamma, it can load discs and usb.

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Installing IOS wads only helps people with retail discs and modchips. Please move the conversation to the backup forum, it's not hacking.

5. Isanta

Newcomer Isanta Newbie

Norway
    I don't understand how to install IOS38-64-v3610.wad.
    Where shall I go to install it?
    I have put it on root.

The readme say:
    [ HOW TO INSTALL IT ]:

WAD Installation:

- Copy "IOS38-64-v3610.wad" file to the root of a SD card.
    - Insert the SD card on your Wii.
    - Run the installer and select "WAD Installation".

-

What installer??

6. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    http://www.mediafire.com/?tmyoiygmzzy

the one above your post. download it, run it, and it will patch your IOS38 to add backup functions and install it as IOS 249. havethe wad in your root as it needs to modify it then install it for you.

MAKE SURE THE SERIAL NUMBER ON YOUR WII DOES NOT START WITH LU64 OR LU65. It fails on those from what I've read.

7. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    cIOS38 rev13a will work fine on LU64+ wiis. The only thing is, you need to have an older cIOS already installed to install it. (If not, you need the cboot2 method to install an older cIOS first).

He has an old cIOS, since he can load backups already. That installer will work just fine even if his wii is LU64.

8. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    oh, sweet. thanks for the heads up, i knew stuff was sketchy with CIOS' and those serials but I was a bit mixed up [​IMG]

9. Isanta

Newcomer Isanta Newbie

Norway

Run it from where? [​IMG] ;D
    I don't know how.
    When I had it in root, and started homebrew, a update came. Is it that, or do I have to install it manually?

10. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Place the installer (the .dol) in SD:/apps/cIOS_installer/(boot.dol here)

11. Isanta

Newcomer Isanta Newbie

Norway
    Shall I rename cIOS38_rev13-Installer.dol to boot.dol, or just place the cIOS38_rev13-Installer.dol into the folder?

12. Isanta

Newcomer Isanta Newbie

Norway
    I trying to get Punch-Out Wii to work, but it doesn't. I've installed three new wads, and installed cIOS38-rev13. Or, atleast I think it got installed. I did it with network. But it still won't work.