Next Gen Console

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by WiiFit_Guy, Jun 16, 2015.

1. WiiFit_Guy
    OP

WiiFit_Guy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2015
    Canada
    I haven't been following very close to the streams of E3 (cause of dam limited internet). Though I was reading one of my friends Guiness Book Gamer Edition 2015. Something caught me by surprise. There was a page on Nintendo and it said that Nintendo is planning to launch a new console in 2015. I also looked around online and it seems it might be possible (maybe in late 2015).
    I was thinking maybe they were talking about the N3DS. Though it seems like on the page they were talking about an actual new home console.

Anyone have any news or rumers to expand to this? Very curious to see if it's true. Although Wii U was in a bit of a slump at the beginning with few launch title games, now it is a whole different story. The list of AAA games goes on, along with new promising games.

2. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  3. WiiFit_Guy
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2015
    Canada
    Is this real? Cause that looks like the coolest handheld ever made!

*Goes online and check youtube comments*

Wow man, thanks for getting my hopes up. Nintendo should look at this and take a step like this though. Dual analog with hd display and slick looking design.

Video looks well done at first...

kprovost7314 likes this.
  4. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Well even the fake leaks look better than actual consoles.

5. Orcastraw

Orcastraw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Houston, Texas
    The fact that it shows Sunshine and Super Metroid stretched to 16:9 ruins all credibility it could have received. I like the design though, WANT!!!

kprovost7314 likes this.
  6. mrbits

mrbits GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2015
    Quite often the case really. There are so many fakes that I have wanted to be real :D

7. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    This fake looks very impractical with the buttons and sticks not being covered.

8. WiiFit_Guy
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2015
    Canada
    Well, to answer my question, Nintendo is indeed working on a new console soon. Code named NX.

9. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    This actually looks like a impractical and bad design to me ...also plain uncomfortable with all those sharp edges...

10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    IMHO the sticks and buttons don't have to be covered. There's been dozens of handheld consoles with exposed inputs, the world existed and was just fine before clamshells. The current clamshell design (DS and 3DS series) prevents the use of fully-sized analog sticks and necessitates the use of sliders - exposed inputs would allow for the use of normal sticks which are far more comfortable.

Nathan Drake and DinohScene like this.