News/weather channels?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by mayonaze, Jun 26, 2010.

Jun 26, 2010

News/weather channels? by mayonaze at 8:30 PM (545 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. mayonaze
    OP

Member mayonaze GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Question here I'm trying to free up some space on my Wii system menu, I want to move my news/weather, Nintendo channels to the sd card! But when going to setting, data management then to channels like always. They aren't there any ideas how to move these to sd card any other way? thanks

2. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    As far as I know you can't:

This nintendo's original statement:

SD Card Menu

Launch programs directly from your SD Card. From the SD Card Menu you can easily start up channels you've saved to an SD Card. The SD Card Menu can hold up to 240 items, including WiiWare titles, Wii Channels and Virtual Console games. The exceptions to this new feature are the pre-installed Wii Channels (such as Mii Channel, Photo Channel, News Channel and Forecast Channel). These pre-installed channels can only be launched from the Wii console.

but I don't think it shouldn't matter as those channels takes almost no space at all. Only a few irrelevant blocks.

3. mayonaze
    OP

Member mayonaze GBAtemp Regular

United States
    thanks for the response! How come they give you so many open spot on the wii menu but not many blocks so save stuff? I only have like 500 blocks left on wii memory, but a allot of open spots on the wii menu! I know i can download to sd card its just one less step to make plus i would like to fill up wii menu slots ?