The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I posted this on Games and Content but decided it would be best to post here. (sorry mods for extra thread, please lock the other one if you have time)

This is related to my sysMMC which is clean and online works perfectly; Nintendo Switch Online, Eshop, game downloads, cloud saves, etc. The news app is the only one that doesn't work:

Oc3w7Ns.jpg

PcULf4p.jpg

It has been like this for about 2 days now and it didn't update.

I am on the latest firmware 12.0.3, is this a known issue for this update? Is there anything I can do to fix this, assuming there is something wrong with sysMMC?

UPDATE: Another user here also confirmed having news app issues, so it's related to the latest update. Hope it gets fixed.

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did again just now to check but still the same. Earlier today I also reset the cache but no dice.

The person I spoke to said the news app is having problems but other things are fixed, so maybe it's still like that?
Do you have any DNS settings or domain blocking utilities enabled?

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Do you have any DNS settings or domain blocking utilities enabled?

Only on emuMMC, on that there's exosphere and 90 DNS. Exosphere is configured correctly where in the file only emuMMC is set, and in sysMMC the serial appears fine.

I tried using a different internet connection, I also tried using a VPN, all of which still had the same issue.

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
So by the lack of replies am I correct in assuming everyone else's news apps work fine? It's odd I'm the only one, but then that would mean I can fix it.

Is there anything I could try? Does anyone have a URL or IP for the news app so I could try pinging it and see if it works?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only on emuMMC, on that there's exosphere and 90 DNS. Exosphere is configured correctly where in the file only emuMMC is set, and in sysMMC the serial appears fine.

I tried using a different internet connection, I also tried using a VPN, all of which still had the same issue.
I don't know how much this will change but can you try a wired connection?

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I don't know how much this will change but can you try a wired connection?

I need a adapter though yeah? I'll try getting one but due to shipping it's gonna take a while.

Could there somehow be some kind of hidden error when I was setting everything up? The only thing I did to Stock was restore a NAND backup two times, maybe some kind of bug during the most recent restoration?

Thinking back there were some odd things that happened and what I did:

- There was a message in the main menu after NAND backup restoration and emuMMC setup, saying I need format the sd card before use, so backed it up, went ahead and restored back the files, no issue.

- Then there was a rare error code when connecting to any online service, the fix was to Reinitialize.

- Finally after initialization I realized I didn't have joy cons during this, so I followed that one guide that has you bypass the setup screen by modifying registry files. I did exactly as it said and successfully got through.

So after the initialization, everything works, online and all, excluding the news app.

Hearing all that, do you think I should try starting from scratch again (restoring NAND backup and redoing emuMMC partitioning)? Currently I'm just waiting for a new system update, who knows if what I'm experiencing is some kind of bug among these connectivity issues people are having.

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Ok, since no one had any idea what to do I decided to try the last resort.

I found out there's a way to initialize the console without losing save data and such, so I did so for sysMMC. Then it asked to delete microSD data and I did that as well.

Immediately upon boot before unlocking to the home screen the latest news popped up. All of it is working now with no errors. :D

dianamill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I also had problems with the news app. I tried many ways to fix the error, but nothing worked. It seems to me that this problem is related to the latest update. I also tried to restart the application, but it didn't help. Later I saw the solution that you shared, and it worked for me. Thank you.
I now have a problem with how to connect the screen of my Macbook to Sony TV. Maybe I'm not writing this there, but I just need help. I have tried many options, but nothing works. Perhaps you need some particular application for this? I will be glad of any use.

Last edited by dianamill,
Reactions: Jiehfeng

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs