Hacking Question Newly Hacked Switch Question

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just bought a the "new" version of the switch so I'll be using that as my primary console. I transferred all my save data and deleted my main Nintendo account from my old switch.
And on my old switch I'm able to boot into Atmosphere CFW so my question is what exactly can I do with it? I don't care about getting banned since I already transfered all my data so am I able to just do whatever with no consequences? Also, is there a simpler way or some kind of application I can download to easily boot into CFW without using a paperclip/jig and a PC?
Thanks!

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I just bought a the "new" version of the switch so I'll be using that as my primary console. I transferred all my save data and deleted my main Nintendo account from my old switch.
And on my old switch I'm able to boot into Atmosphere CFW so my question is what exactly can I do with it? I don't care about getting banned since I already transfered all my data so am I able to just do whatever with no consequences? Also, is there a simpler way or some kind of application I can download to easily boot into CFW without using a paperclip/jig and a PC?
Thanks!
You can do whatever you want, it's up to you. There are a lot of homebrew applications.
You can install AutoRCM so you won't need a jig, and a mobile phone to not use the PC everytime.

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do whatever you want, it's up to you. There are a lot of homebrew applications.
You can install AutoRCM so you won't need a jig, and a mobile phone to not use the PC everytime.
Ok cool! Would it ever be possible that we'll get a homebrew launcher for higher firmwares? I'm also wondering if I should block updates?

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok cool! Would it ever be possible that we'll get a homebrew launcher for higher firmwares? I'm also wondering if I should block updates?
Firmware 8.1.0 has full CFW support and also a homebrew launcher. Or do you mean future firmwares? They probably also will have it, it will only take some time after release of the update.
Not quite sure, but I think you can disable automatic updates in the system settings.

Reactions: Stardust3033

gaberilde

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
to disable updates set your dns server to block nintendo google
dns block update nintendo switch

note: it may also block eshop and other useful nintendo services as well sadly

Rajveer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you just factory reset your original Switch after transfering data to the new one, or did you do anything extra? I'm in the same situation and wondering if hacking my original Switch can still lead to some sort of ban (maybe logs on the original Switch with my account or something, I don't know since I'm new to Switch hacking).

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!
You can do tons, CFW, Emulation, sysmodule modding, overclocking, Internet browser, file system root access, streaming, and even backup your saves, and games. Including modding Saves/games. Also can now boot android on the switch. Just browse the web or here and you’ll see all this. You can also backup your NAND and other important sys info. But I see you don’t care about getting banned. I wouldn’t just go online and get banned though, at least setup 90DNS for atmosphere, or get SX OS CFW and use stealth mode. This will prevent bans. Also you can set up EmuNAND so that way that switch can stay online as well. Not saying you should, but explore your options before doing anything and make sure to not ban it because you don’t care. It really doesn’t make sense just keep it offline, or block Nintendo by using 90DNS that way you can still have internet.

Last edited by Powerful,
Reactions: Stardust3033

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16