newbie question

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by WHYvita, Dec 3, 2014.

1. WHYvita
    OP

WHYvita Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2014
    Canada
    On My Chair
    anyone has link to step step instruction on how to download ps vita games and install & play them on ps vita ?

2. Corvo_

Corvo_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2014
    Brazil
    There isn't a way to play backups of Vita games yet.

3. WHYvita
    OP

WHYvita Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2014
    Canada
    On My Chair
    thanks for quick reply ..... but some guys showing videos on youtube to download and play games (http://www.psvitagamesfull.com/)

or Is it fake or Is there any other way which I dont know

4. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    this website just gets you to fill in surveys, load of shite... there is no kernel exploit for the vita,

5. WHYvita
    OP

WHYvita Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2014
    Canada
    On My Chair
    so that means no other way of doing it ?

6. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    no.

WHYvita likes this.
  7. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    Go to the PSN store, buy game, download game and play. :)

Tom Bombadildo and mech like this.
  8. sfear2ugf

sfear2ugf Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    so what are the benefits in hacking the psp vita ?

9. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    You can't hack the native PS Vita environment yet. There is efforts happening currently regarding exploiting the web browser but even then the hack is sandboxed and restricted to resources only available to webkit.

We can currently have kernel level access within the PSP sandbox, to play PSP ISO's and homebrew, The old PSP stuff looks good on my 5 inch OLED model!

sfear2ugf and mech like this.
  10. sfear2ugf

sfear2ugf Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    United States

i have 2 vita but they both on 3.35 can i install the cfw or do i have any other options?

11. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    You have no other option at this time.

12. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Like trumpet said, right now, there's nadda, but someone found usermode access on 3.35 and has shown themselves running Hello World on it, so there's that. It means that, somewhere within the next couple of months, most likely, an exploit game will be announced for a PSP mode hack. Be watching for it because you don't have long before Sony pulls and patches it, so you have to buy it quick. Of course, there's currently no VHBL or TN-V for 3.35, so even if the game gets announced, the exploit won't be incredibly useful unless those things come about prior to the release.

For some odd reason, the person who found the exploit wants to wait for a new firmware to release it, though, with the release of custom bubbles that requires at least VHBL to make it work, there's a chance that the exploit may come sooner if VHBL can be made to work with it.

Full article: http://wololo.net/2014/12/26/an-add...rmode-exploit-for-firmware-3-35-has-appeared/

sfear2ugf likes this.
  13. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu

stay on 3.35! they will released a vhbl sooner or later and then you can use the new bubble hack they have just released :)

14. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    I feel like you may be thinking the bubble hack is more useful than it actually is, kind of like I did when it was first announced. It's basically just shortcut loading. For example, running FF Type-0 from a bubble is basically just a shortcut for launching TN-V then launching the game. Not to mention it seems needlessly complex to accomplish this feat. You'll probably spend more time crafting each bubble than you would simply launching the games the "long" way every time you'd play it from start to completion.

So although the bubble hack may help push the 3.35 release along a bit faster, I can't really recommend that people bother with it.