Hacking Newbie Problems

Lazy-buntu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a few questions/problems I need help with. I'll start with the easy ones.

I've installed the Twilight Hack and Homebrew Channel successfully, but I'm clueless on a few things:

1. Can I upgrade my Wii Firmware with these hacks installed? Like I'm on 3.3U and it wants me to upgrade to 3.4U
2. Can I uninstall the homebrew channel/twilight hack without any problems? If so, how?
3. If I can't upgrade my firmware how can I access the Wii shop so I can spend my Wii Points card?

Next set of problems:

4. How do I install gamma backup loader v.03? I can't find it in the homebrew channel.
5. When I extract a scrubbed game it will be ready to burn to DVD, correct?

I know there must be a ton of these types of posts, but I can't find any straight answers as of late.

Thanks ahead of time!

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 dont upgrade no need and you may lose a lot of what you ganed
2yes you can theres a tut in here go ahead a search it will pop up soon
3 there is a tut to do just that ill find the link and post it here or pm me for it
4you can do it as a wad or look here in downloads or just look down 3 or so down
5 not to sure were you at there but a scrubbed game comes out file (compress) burn that with image burn you should be golden
if you need any more help pm me or search here and see what you find good luck...
yaypsp.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif

hay try this link here for channel wads for back up loaders ill find you the shop installer i used it helped a lot
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123034
you will need to get a wad manager of of the downloads

this is the tut i used for my shop channel and others
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119216

Lazy-buntu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the scrubbed game thing figured out. Is the homebrew channel not a WAD manager? Maybe I'm confused on what a WAD is. Could you explain that in a little more detail please? Do you just throw them in the root part of the SD card and run them?

Thanks for the reply

Lazy-buntu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like say I've got WAD-Manager_v1.3.dol and Backup Channel Gamma 002fix.wad.

Where do I put each/how do I install it on the Wii?

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no in you sd card the homebrew channel made one for you if not in the root make a folder called apps then take the wad manager folder put it in apps then load hbc and find your folder called wad manger also make a folder called wad in the root and put the wads you want to load in there becarefull let me know whats up ill be watching
yaypsp.gif

Lazy-buntu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks for being patient with me. I just don't want to brick my family's Wii on Christmas lol.

So one last time:

1. Go into the Apps folder.
2. Create WAD Manager 1.3 folder
3. Paste WAD-Manager_v1.3.dol in that folder
4. Create a folder "wad" in the root of the memory card
5. Put gamma wad in the wad folder
6. Put card in Wii...install wad manager first then gamma?

Also, where can I find an updated Wii shop fix?

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like your on your way to some homebrew wii gameing pm me if any probs ok
yaypsp.gif

and dont be afraed to ask for help that what this is for so good luck and happy festivus
blink.gif

Lazy-buntu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right. WAD Manager is working. I put Backup Loader Gamma inside the wad folder, and it shows up under the channels of my Wii.

I go to play my Mario Kart Wii game I already have backed up to DVD and I get a message: "DVD read error (349) no cIOS"

What does this mean?

Lazy-buntu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried Face Breaker KO and that came up with the same error.

Should I use: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CIOS_Patchmii_Installer

Oh before I forget: my family plays Animal Crossing: City Folk (not backed up yet--the original disc)

figured i'd mention that because your link says "IOS38-64-v3609: IOS38 is needed for minor issues at the moment but it might increase in the futur for now it is needed to run Animal Crossing game and you can install it via (1-Wad Manager V1.3) from the HBC"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.