Newbie and need help getting started

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Beamer3131, Jun 9, 2009.

Jun 9, 2009
  1. Beamer3131
    OP

Newcomer Beamer3131 Newbie

Canada
    Hello,

I am very new at this and need some help as I seem to be stuck!

So I'll first let you know what I've done up to this point. I have version 4.0 of the Wii software, and a 1 GB Kingston Mini SD card. I do not have a USB drive, I only intend on running apps through the card and discs.

1. I have Homebrew running on my Wii, I used Bootmii and Bannerbomb to get it going. Everything seemed to be going ok...I got the message for DVDx and that as well, I clicked ok to that..everything went smooth. Homebrew now appears on my wii as it's own channel.

2. I tried adding an app after creating an apps folder on my storage card. But Homebrew doesn't seem to recognize anything I put on my card. All I get is the bubbles and the 2 icons at the bottom right of the screen.

3. The Wii will still not play any dvd I put in. Is DVDX working or do I need to install it seperatley?

Ok...so...what do I need to do to get apps to run? Is it ok to re-format my card now and start over? Do I need to keep anything on there that relates to Homebrew or anything else now?

How do I get my Wii to read DVD's, etc?

How do I add apps to the memory card?

What software besides Imagburn do I need to run in order to "back-up" Wii discs and what do I need to do to get them to run on my wii?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

2. comet77

Member comet77 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hello,

This post should have been placed in the hacking section.

Is your Wii one of the old Wii? On the Serial Number is the numbers after "LU" below "64"?

3. Beamer3131
    OP

Newcomer Beamer3131 Newbie

Canada
    i don't think so, my Wii is only a year old. Why u ask?