OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.. Ive got some newb questions.

Im in the process of adding homebrew followed the "homebrew guide "

So far I have gotten to the point of backing up NAND. I am using my original Nintendo Account which has many purchased games (all digital downloads).

I want to be able to play the games that I have paid for online. Before I go any further is there something else I need to do? Obviously I dont want to risk losing all the games that I currently own.

-Switch is on 8.01

Josshy0125

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You'll be banned, please dont do this. It'll restrict your access to playing online and (possibly? I don't knows) access to your digital titles. Get a second switch for this

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.. Ive got some newb questions.

Im in the process of adding homebrew followed the "homebrew guide "

So far I have gotten to the point of backing up NAND. I am using my original Nintendo Account which has many purchased games (all digital downloads).

I want to be able to play the games that I have paid for online. Before I go any further is there something else I need to do? Obviously I dont want to risk losing all the games that I currently own.

-Switch is on 8.01
Find a guide to a proper emunand setup to play backups offline on emunand then your real games online on your sysnand

Reactions: Deleted User

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have I already gone too far by injecting Hakate?
First step is booting into hekate and backing up your nand and boot files and all that before running homebrew and other payloads, but I would delete your internet settings before hand to make it easier later.

Josshy0125

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Find a guide to a proper emunand setup to play backups offline on emunand then your real games online on your sysnand
This still holds a ban risk. Using emunand for homebrew and pirated games wont stop you from being banned on sysnand. Be careful spreading misinformation.

If you want to play your bought games online (and possibly still even have access to them; as in redownloading them, etc.) Do not use homewbrew or unsigned code on your switch.

munkeybrainzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess what Im asking is if I dont go any further (Hakate, backing up nand etc) am I still ok to play as I did before or is there something I need to do/remove before doing that? I think I may just take your advice and get a second Switch at some point.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This still holds a ban risk. Using emunand for homebrew and pirated games wont stop you from being banned on sysnand. Be careful spreading misinformation.

If you want to play your bought games online (and possibly still even have access to them; as in redownloading them, etc.) Do not use homewbrew or unsigned code on your switch.
A proper guide would state that and many do. The risk is relatively low though.

I guess what Im asking is if I dont go any further (Hakate, backing up nand etc) am I still ok to play as I did before or is there something I need to do/remove before doing that? I think I may just take your advice and get a second Switch at some point.

If you've just used hekate though then you should be fine as loading hekate doesn't touch the switch's os

D

Deleted User

Going into RCM won't ban you like MythicalData said, since Nintendo knows if you hacked your switch by Horizon OS. (which you didn't boot into yet and RCM doesn't log anything) And probably Nintendo uses RCM as well to fix bricked switches.

munkeybrainzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys... is there any point in doing the lockpick step or should I just remove Hakate and wait till Im ready for the rest? Appreciate the help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Going into RCM won't ban you like MythicalData said, since Nintendo knows if you hacked your switch by Horizon OS. (which you didn't boot into yet and RCM doesn't log anything) And probably Nintendo uses RCM as well to fix bricked switches.

Got it... deleting Hakate. Putting it on hold for now... not worth risking my library. I'll get a second switch...

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys... is there any point in doing the lockpick step or should I just remove Hakate and wait till Im ready for the rest? Appreciate the help.

If you ever hack you console later on you'll dump your keys (and more of them) so I'd just wait on it, but I would make sure to label your nand backup with what sys version it is so you dont forget later on

D

Deleted User

Hekate only stays in RAM which is wiped when restarting, hack your switch when there is a unban method or Nintendo gives up (Unlikely as the Switch wants to be stable as his father... the 3DS.)

munkeybrainzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate only stays in RAM which is wiped when restarting, hack your switch when there is a unban method or Nintendo gives up (Unlikely as the Switch wants to be stable as his father... the 3DS.)
Yep. Thanks all for the feedback... better safe than sorry for now. And yes... 3DS is amazing right now :)

D

Deleted User

You'll be banned, please dont do this. It'll restrict your access to playing online and (possibly? I don't knows) access to your digital titles. Get a second switch for this
You won't get restricted access to your digital games even if Nintendo decides to do it, its nothing a patch can't fix

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yep. Thanks all for the feedback... better safe than sorry for now. And yes... 3DS is amazing right now :)
More stable than everything that existed except itself combined :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free