new wii/ xmas pressy!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by martinshell, Jan 1, 2011.

Jan 1, 2011

new wii/ xmas pressy! by martinshell at 2:42 PM (1,241 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. martinshell
    OP

Newcomer martinshell Newbie

United Kingdom
    HI, KEEP IT SHORT..got new wii black 4.3e, want to mod! will it work? wot version? and wot other stuff i need 2 know, dont want to brick so need safe hack ta ... [​IMG]

2. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Use ModMii. Thats all you need to know if you want a reply kept short.

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Read stickies, man. Any wii can be modded. New wii's just won't accept backup discs, so you'll have to use a hard drive. And for the actual modding, you'll need either a retail version of Wheelie breakers or Lego Indiana Jones.
    If you keep true to the instructions of an up to date guide, the wii won't brick. Still, it's best to start out by learning what your wii is made of (like: what's the difference between an IOS and a CIOS, and what the different firmwares actually DO), as most wii's tend to brick from stupidity.
    After hacking it, it's best to install bootmii and priiloader as well: those 'll serve you as the backup tools you (hopefully) never need.

ps: this not irc. U in no rush 2 type short stuff.

4. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Correction, Installing bootmii and making a nand backup is the first thing you should do before going any further in case something horrible happens. A NAND backup is the only thing that can save your wii if it ever becomes a full brick.

Just use ModMii and follow the generated guide EXACTLY as it states. DO NOT skip any steps.

5. youngrex

Newcomer youngrex Advanced Member

United States
    also new wiis have a differet disc drive so they dont play burnt dvd's but everything else works just fine as any other wii would

6. martinshell
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks 4 answering post guys,after reading more about this and getting a few reactions i just have 2 quistions? 1. is it true to say that4.3 firmware is not very stable with the hb chanand in this case can i drop to 4.1or 4.2 , 2. have tried to get indie game 4 hack,this game is selling4 mega bucks even used..no one renting it ,wot can be done??? thanks again and even a noob has to start from somewhere ..cheers

7. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    4.3 is fine with HBC. The "bug" with HBC is there no matter what SM version you have.

8. martinshell
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks foez, any clues on indie game m8?

9. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Just keep looking or use the Yu-gi-oh 5D Wheelie Breakers game/exploit.

10. EmbraceFiction

Member EmbraceFiction GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yes;

I modded my friends red wii not long ago, and because it is brand new; it has the new wii drive. This stops the wii from playing any unknown dvd-r games, stopping the loaders from working.

No worries though, USB Loading is much better anyway.

11. IronMask

Member IronMask Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!

United States
    But other than that the Wii should work fine with most homebrew non-dvdx apps... actually the app may still work by using an sd or usb alternative....
    I just did my parents new wii for xmas and it works like a charm.. I sistered a 500gb drive with about 200 gigs of backups and the rest was allotted for emus and media play.....

12. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    i would not advise downgrading any newer wii's i cant say for sure which ios but the newer wii's do no support some of the lower revisions IOS which will cause you wii to brick if you downgrade to low of a system menu.