Hacking New Wii system update!?!?!?!?

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I just finished hacking my Wii and now I put in my Wii Sports disc and it says that I have to update to a new system version in order to use the software??? I don't want to update because if it's a new version, it could brick my Wii, right? But, I do want to play on my Wii! PLEASE help!!!

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I turned off my internet and let it update, and it works. It didn't brick my Wii, hopefully it was just a bug or something. I'll use preloader now.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii sports was probably the very first wii game. i think its safe to say you don't want to update from it. if i remember correctly, it has boot2v2 and IOS9. probably the reason it wants you to update is because you have removed an IOS.

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
wii sports was probably the very first wii game. i think its safe to say you don't want to update from it. if i remember correctly, it has boot2v2 and IOS9. probably the reason it wants you to update is because you have removed an IOS.

Well, I updated it, does that mean I have to re-do the trucha bug or something? Do I have to removee that IOS again or something?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
miketh2005 said:
giantpune said:

Well, I updated it, does that mean I have to re-do the trucha bug or something? Do I have to removee that IOS again or something?
Wii Sports? It probably didn't have much on it, you might have just been missing an IOS or something. I doubt you have to worry.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NO disc or WiFi update out there will brick you. Any disc update prompt is because either you have an old system menu and haven't updated in a while or you have a new system menu but for some reason you have deleted or downgraded IOS. There is very rarely any reason NOT to update from a disc. Unless you for some reason rely on having a downgraded or missing IOS (cannot think of any situation where you need to have either on your Wii for any long amount of time), disc updates are safe.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
NO disc or WiFi update out there will brick you. Any disc update prompt is because either you have an old system menu and haven't updated in a while or you have a new system menu but for some reason you have deleted or downgraded IOS. There is very rarely any reason NOT to update from a disc. Unless you for some reason rely on having a downgraded or missing IOS (cannot think of any situation where you need to have either on your Wii for any long amount of time), disc updates are safe.

they have done in the past, mainly due to user stupidty.

do you remember the bricks that came about from people on system menu 4.0 that downgraded to 3.2, leaving a stubbed ios50. then they ran a disk update with 3.4 on it, which didnt install ios50 as it had a higher version number --> brick.

same thing could happen if you downgraded from 4.2 to 4.0 - 4.1 and ran a game with 4.0/4.1 update on it (eg. nsmbw with 4.1)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
0M39A said:
SifJar said:

they have done in the past, mainly due to user stupidty.

do you remember the bricks that came about from people on system menu 4.0 that downgraded to 3.2, leaving a stubbed ios50. then they ran a disk update with 3.4 on it, which didnt install ios50 as it had a higher version number --> brick.

same thing could happen if you downgraded from 4.2 to 4.0 - 4.1 and ran a game with 4.0/4.1 update on it (eg. nsmbw with 4.1)

Same thing could NOT happen if you downgraded from 4.2 to 4.0-4.1 and ran a game with 4.1 update, because the act of downgrading will install a working IOS60, otherwise the downgrade would cause a full brick. Therefore the update is safe. Unless you are on 3.2 downgraded from 4.X, disc updates are safe.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Same thing could NOT happen if you downgraded from 4.2 to 4.0-4.1 and ran a game with 4.1 update, because the act of downgrading will install a working IOS60, otherwise the downgrade would cause a full brick. Therefore the update is safe. Unless you are on 3.2 downgraded from 4.X, disc updates are safe.
Right, if you have a higher System Menu than is on the disc and the IOS for that menu, you've got nothing to worry about. I don't recall what is on Wii Sports, but is there even a System Menu on it? Even if there is, it's not likely to be a current one.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
recall what is on Wii Sports, but is there even a System Menu on it?
No menu (wish it had 1.0 though, I'm still looking for it). It has boot2v2 and IOS9 v516 (the very first version of IOS9).

It asked for the update because his IOS9 was missing. I'm 100% sure he didn't have boot2v1, if that even existed.

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just throwing this out there:
one time i bypassed an update prompt by proceeding with the update but then i pressed the cancel button as soon as the update started and it let me play the game anyway. it never asked to update again, either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.