Hacking NEW VC INJECTOR :)

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
night_chrono said:
so is n64 compatibility any higher then the other vc injector? Has anyone gotten Majora's To work?

You can inject "any size" (64 games doesnt work for memory problems). Majora's game is not working acording of emulation problems, not for injection size problem. Try to inject Paper Mario in a n64 small game...

gambit420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
im sorry if this question was answered in an previous threat but i cant find an n64 injection compability list:

is it possible to inject the following n64 games:
Bangai 0
Mischief Makers
Killer Instinct Gold
Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth
?????????

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure.... most were probably done with the Auto-injector

I'm a little confused.

Surely with the u8extractors/packers ect, one could just unpack the 05.app (Snes) and replace the rom and then repack.
In my experience, it yields the same results.

I find the manual way a lot more controlled.

But that's just me
unsure.gif

DevilKen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I know, auto-injector doesn't support neo geo games or snes/n64 games of any size.

This tool does the same as if you manually extract files with u8extractors and repack it. But automatically.

So, at least, if you understand how the tool works, it's easy to repack things.

Corsario explained very well how you can add banners and the 00000004.app file that removes the manual and the option to show it.

And as I said and I insist, snes roms that can be injected with this tool and don't work, probably don't work by emulator limitations, not injector problems (probably). With N64 I'm not sure as the emulator is personalized for the game it holds.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
The auto injector automatically gives the wad a new title ID which makes the game work.

I used it to inject Earthworm Jim into my Earthbound wad and it worked without deleting the original Earthbound wad.

DevilKen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand what do you want to say with that. You have to give the wad the ID you want. The program asks you to do, and also tell you that it doesn't have to be the same of a wad you have installed, so what's the problem with it?

And I don't know what problems do you have with Mario Picross. A ROM that worked with gradius didn't work with picross for you?

In fact, I tested injecting games to Picross and all worked well... games that work with the emulator, obviously.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try my best to explain.

Using your tool, if I give it a different new 4 letter ID, the emulator will not run the rom. If I keep it the same, it runs fine.

It becomes a problem if I want to use that wad again.

To get a round this, I use your tool to inject the different size rom into the wad. Then I use autoinject to inject the rom again (which can happen since your tool has made the extra room) and it automatic gives it a new different ID that makes the rom run. So if I was to place it on the Wii, it won't over right any other wads.

I might be doing something wrong but every time I give the wad a custom ID, the rom won't run.
frown.gif
But I found a way around it so it's no big deal.

DevilKen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Remember that when you write a CUSTOM ID, the first and last letters must be the same as they where, you only can change the 2 middle letters.

That is very well explained on the ID CHANGE screen.

I wish you have read it, because I have no problems specifying ID...

quocdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody knows if I can inject Terranigma (PAL 50Hz game) to NTSC wad (ie. DKC2)?

Also, I tried to inject Tales of Phantasia (64Mbit) to DKC2 to no avail? Any idea?

DevilKen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can inject ANY SNES ROM. As i SAID 90 times.

And if it doesn't work, is an emu incompatibility ISSUE.

Games that use SPECIAL CHIPS probably don't work. I will not make a list for you of games that use special chips, use google.

Please, read the thread before asking things I answered a hundred times.

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
callmebob said:
Thanx for the extra help.

I´ve moved the VC folder to the C:\ directory

So C:\VC\sin.wad
C:\VC\Wings\Pilotwings64.N64

and C:\VC\dk2.wad
C:\VC\Aladdin\Aladdin.smc

As said the prog craps out when it tries to open the "new" 00000005.APP

I was left with a new folder named "000100014e414a4c" after attempting Pilotwings,
and one named "000100014a424450" after trying Aladdin.

Among a lot of others, there is a 00000005.APP file in both of those folders!

Dunno if that´s any help, but even if not thanx for taking a look.

Bob, enable the Windows XP guest account, switch user to that and run the program. It should work.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
quocdo said:
Anybody knows if I can inject Terranigma (PAL 50Hz game) to NTSC wad (ie. DKC2)?

Also, I tried to inject Tales of Phantasia (64Mbit) to DKC2 to no avail? Any idea?

Both are injectable but don't work

Check the VC compatibility list someone n the forum.

blueoakleyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the reason an N64 (or other system's game) injection might not work because the virtual console game doesn't include a complete "virtual n64"? In other words each VC game comes with its own emulator right? Could Nintendo just not be putting the unnecessary programming?

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BIG THANX TO PKGINGO!

Switched to guest, and for the 1st time, with this tool I actually successfully injected a rom into a wad!

How the hell did you know that would work, and WHY???!!!

For those who might want to know Aladdin works injected into DKC2. Might be my imagination, but I think it even looks better than using emulators.

Still having problems with the N64 part, but I´ve only tried PilotWings64 into S&P, and Excitebike. Excitebike might not be for the N64 ´cause I got an error message suggesting so, and it seemed small to start with.

Also heard some of the VC dumps from certain groups were somehow corrupted, maybe my S&P might be one of them.

Anyway, I am joyed just getting my first one to work! Thanx to PKGINGO, and the makers of course!

(EDIT) Just got an N64 inject working! Seems my copy of S&P might be bad. Pilot Wings into S&P didn´t work for me, so I tried using Pokeman Snap instead, and guess what it worked!

Enough proof of concept! I could try the old auto injector over my guest account, but, nah. This is good enough for me.
grog.gif

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
blueoakleyz said:
Is the reason an N64 (or other system's game) injection might not work because the virtual console game doesn't include a complete "virtual n64"? In other words each VC game comes with its own emulator right? Could Nintendo just not be putting the unnecessary programming?

the n64 is a bitch to emulate. to properly emulate some functions game A requires, it may very well break functions that game B needs.
so instead of making an emulator that handles all games by using a large list of roms and applying complicated patches on the fly, they might as well set each emulator to work with just the game it is actually supposed to emulate.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Da_GPer said:
I was curious if there will be a way to insert Commodore 64 games into the WADs.

Looks like easy to inject... game files are identical...(i just had a look) just splitted... (vc/original C64 games)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu