PS1/2 New Trailer for Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks great and all, but I'm getting sick of playing Naruto games that follow the same story line over and over again. If it covers the same story arcs that the other games do, then I'm not gonna be interested.

Although being that it's part of the Ultimate Ninja sub-series, then I assume that this will basically be UN3, which I expect will cover the Sound 4 arc since UN2 went as far as Naruto and Jiraiya's search for Tsunade (plus some filler made just for the game). That doesn't leave much for them to cover unless they include the anime's filler (Land of Tea, etc) or go on into Shippuden (which is doubtful).

It's great that they can make it look good, however like the DBZ games, they're just making the same thing over and over.

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There's a counter at the game's official page that is now at 17hrs. Is that for the game's release or the site's launch?
blink.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Samutz said:
Although being that it's part of the Ultimate Ninja sub-series, then I assume that this will basically be UN3...
There is an Ultimate Ninja 3, it just came out recently. And Japan has Shippuuden Accel 1 and 2 (Ultimate Ninja 4 and 5).

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Samutz said:
Although being that it's part of the Ultimate Ninja sub-series, then I assume that this will basically be UN3...
There is an Ultimate Ninja 3, it just came out recently. And Japan has Shippuuden Accel 1 and 2 (Ultimate Ninja 4 and 5).
That's news to me. I only finished UN2 a few months ago. Will have to give UN3 a try.

I just looked in to UN3 a bit and found that it covers the Sound 4 arc. Which supports my point about them running out of story to use. I'm guessing now that UNS will start from the beginning just like Rise of a Ninja, Ninja Council, Clash of the Ninja, Path of the Ninja, and Ninja Destiny. I love the manga and most of the anime, but damn it's become such a cash cow.
glare.gif

If UNS turns out to actually have an original story, it would have to be damn good and epic, and not crappy filler-quality, to get me to add this game to my "reasons to get a PS3"-list.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In my opinion, it looks "meh". Seems like an improvement from a few of the other games, and the background is superb. But what I want to really see is the core gameplay. A fighting games without any deep gameplay won't leave a good impression on me, or many other people. And, I also hate Naruto and the Narutards to death (This Narutard said Naruto games are the best fighitng games ever, and also claimed that Guilty gear sucks, and has nothing good out of it. I fell out of my chair and started laughing.), so it really doesn't change my opinion much. I'll just see how the ratings for this game will be on Metacritic, and if it gets decent reviews, I'll try it out.

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
Agree with the posters above, graphics alone wont warrant a purchase from myself.
The story line better not restart again, or be some crappy rehash.
And the gameplay better have been improved on greatly also.

I actually like Naruto, but most of the games have been a massive let down, Hopefully Bandai has worked on something other than presentation and are not relying on just sucking in fanboys.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The trailer does indeed look good. I still keep up with Naruto manga.. but not such a huge fan of it. I've played almost all the previous games, some of them were good and some of them were bad. This trailer does make me want to play, but not really enough to make me want to get a PS3. Like everyone said, I'm gonna have to wait until the price drops down by a lot before I purchase a PS3.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I think, the point of this topic wasn't to say "the gameplay looks amazing" (because really, we know nothing about how it will play). It's all about the visuals in this case. I could care less about this game, as I'm not a big fan of the type. However, the graphics are what intrigue me. It's a sign of good things to come. I suspect by the next generation of consoles we will have perfected cel-shading.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The graphics are decent, but I'm not really interested since I get seriously burned by Ubisoft's Naruto.
If this one turns out to be a (con)fusion of fighting and action-adventure, I'll pass.
One good news is that I haven't seen generic bandit enemy in this trailer. Random encounter in Ubi Naruto sucked big time.

NYCvinster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a Naruto fan, but I simply cannot justify buying a ps3 for this game....like someone else mentioned, God of War 3 might just sway though....

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm surprised its being released in Japan as it is, they usually get up to date games to match where they are in the series.

I wonder if THQ will bring out a new game, I liked the one of the 360, even if it was a bit short.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tomqman said:
looks great
smile.gif
but i dont want a ps3
frown.gif
so i guess i wont ever play it. shame because i usally buy a console for one good looking game.
well i guess il be getting this now as i got a ps3 for gta 4
smile.gif
lol. so any ideas of a release date

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Missed this first time around:
graphics: quite good. Mr gunman commented on "perfecting cel shading", in some regard this almost to be 2 steps forward, 3 steps back in the cel shading arena.

Naruto: I have seen far worse anime/manga but equally I have seen so much better. I have however only seen the first hundred or so of the show (subbed) and a bit more of the manga so I can not comment on the westernised versions.

gameplay: a fighting game lives or dies based on it and as other have commented I can not tell from the trailer (after the 16 bit era/arcade era I have been largely unimpressed anyhow). An action-RPG/dungeon explorer (not necessarily naruto) based on this type of engine however could possibly result in my death by inaction/DVT).

PS3: until I can hack games on it I could not care less (this being said I have seen clusters of them and they are not bad but science does not mean anything for my entertainment in this regard). I imagine at some point the 360 and others will see something based on this which hopefully means the inevitable bugs will be slightly ironed out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding