Hacking Question New to modding Nintendo switch here!

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hayato213 , I am actually confused about something, the guide you sent me has not been updated since version 6.2.0 was out on the nintendo switch.... How do I know if this guide will work for me when I am on version 8.0.1?

Nevermind, I figured it out.

PHiLiPZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
How long does it take to backup Raw GPP? It went to 1% then 2% and then it went back to 0% but the progress bar turned green.... (Originally at 1% and 2% the progress bar was GREY)

As far as I can remember the green bar is just verification. Reading from SD card is quicker than writing to it so that phase doesn’t take too long. The whole backup process took a bit over an hour for me.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can remember the green bar is just verification. Reading from SD card is quicker than writing to it so that phase doesn’t take too long. The whole backup process took a bit over an hour for me.

Yup I just finished! But I jsut found out that YUZU switch emulator runs a lot of games at full speed, So after backing up my nand and boot0/1 I decided to wait a few days and test yuzu out, instead of modding my switch, just so I don't have to risk getting baned right away. Who knows, I will probably wake up tomorrow and wanna mod my switch anyways haha

PHiLiPZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
As long as you don’t go online with hacked console and restore your backup before going online there’s zero chance of getting banned. Yuzu ... good luck with that. It’s far from finished.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you don’t go online with hacked console and restore your backup before going online there’s zero chance of getting banned. Yuzu ... good luck with that. It’s far from finished.
Yeah thats what I figured, for the most part anyways. Thanks. I have a question, If I am installing NSP formatted games, I have the game NSP, update NSP, and the DLC NSP's. Which order do I install them in? Game-Update-DLC ? Or Game-DLC-Update?

PHiLiPZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
I guess some DLCs may have certain update as prerequisite. I also think you may buy DLCs at any time you choose (or even not at all) and so updates have to work without DLCs. The other way round I’m not so sure. Therefore it’s game-update-dlc for me.
But I’m just using logical deduction just like anyone could.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess some DLCs may have certain update as prerequisite. I also think you may buy DLCs at any time you choose (or even not at all) and so updates have to work without DLCs. The other way round I’m not so sure. Therefore it’s game-update-dlc for me.

Hey I have a question, Is CDNSP safe to use? I found it on gbatemp, but I have seen some posts on reddit talking about it being unsafe in multiple ways.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, The reason I asked is because of this.... I can understand installing GAME-UPDATE-DLC in that order. It makes sense...

BUT - What if you have a game installed on your nintendo switch, and you have the DLC for the game installed, then one day Nintendo releases an update for that game, and in the update it fixes a bunch of bugs, glitches,etc that are in the DLC content.

THEN what order would you install the NSP's in if you were to install that game with the updates and DLC by using NSP format?

That is why I have a hard time choosing which to install first sometimes, the Update or the DLC.... I usually do Update first, THEN DLC, but sometimes I can't choose because I usually read the patch notes before installing an Update NSP, and if the patch notes fix/change a bunch of stuff that is in the DLC, Then idk which one to install first...

Thanks for the reply though ;]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hi