New to flashcarts for 3DS, please help?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by josking, Dec 31, 2013.

1. josking
    OP

josking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    Philippines
    So I just bought R4 SDHC Dual Core 2013 earlier. And I have no idea how it works. I tried downloading stuff from their website but I think my 3DS version is superior to it (7.1.0-14U) It just shows an error has occured.. So yup, if anyone has the same card as mine, please link me to things that could help me. Thank you guys! Happy New Year.

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    well assume you know it only plays DS Games

you need to apply an update to get the flashcard to work on 7.1.0
    down4.nds9.cn/fwupgarde3DSV7.0.0-13.zip

to apply the update tho you need to have the card working on a console tho
    (so hopefully you have a DSPhat or DSLite)

once you have the update applied you can delete the update file and it should boot the same as it did on the DSPhat/Lite
    and then you can play backed up DS games

3. josking
    OP

josking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    Philippines
    Oh alright, so I need my DS Lite for this then. But then my DS Lite has problems reading game carts that's why i bought a 3DS. How much would it cost to get it fixed?

4. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Just go into a store and use a DS for testing or ask a frient :)

5. josking
    OP

josking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    Philippines
    Wait, my DS Lite works now! But it's only stuck at Loading when I insert the card with the 7.00 update .nds? :(

6. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Maybe the card has a connection problem with the MicroSD card or you don't have copied the kernel to the MicroSD.

7. josking
    OP

josking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    Philippines
    Where can I find the kernel? The one I download says "patch" but I think it needs to have something like _rpg folder?

8. Pong20302000

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    lol you need the kernel from the website

the website should be on the flashcard, and if you did your research you would know that

http://www.r4isdhc.com/download_white_new2013/

9. josking
    OP

josking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    Philippines
    Yep, that's the one I downloaded. It doesn't have the usual _rpg. It just has "Patch" folder with things. And when I put it into my DS Lite, it's just stuck at a white screen after saying Loading.

10. Pong20302000

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    LOL _rpg is not what all cards use, some use TTMENU, some use _DSMenu, its all different

as long as the ROOT of your SD card has the PATCH and _ds_menu.dat it should load fine

if it doesnt either the MicroSD is bad or the connection to it is bad

make sure you extract the files to desktop and not straight to the SD card as you will corrupt the files

11. josking
    OP

josking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    Philippines
    Alright, let me try that for a minute. :) I will try extracting to desktop first hehe!

EDIT: Awww man, still stuck at white screen. :(

EDIT 2: Off topic though. I just want to know if there's any way to put my .sav file on a flashcard to an original one? Because I have an original Diamond and I remember backing up my save onto an R4 or whatever card I had back then. I can't remember now. But, is it possible to load it back up on my original Diamond?