New Things in 4.0

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by CheatingSoi, Mar 30, 2009.

Mar 30, 2009

New Things in 4.0 by CheatingSoi at 11:17 PM (1,120 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. CheatingSoi
    OP

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    I was wondering what other things are new in 4.0. Obviously they added the ability to run games off of the SD card and also support SDHC. But what are some other things they have added? I don't care how little. The only thing I have noticed so far is that when you move a channel around (A+B) it makes a noise as if your dragging it across the screen. Sounds really weird when you turn the volume up really high. Anything else you've noticed?

Edit: I just realized that the wii might have already made that sound in 3.2 and if not, it could have been in any in between versions as I have not had those. I also realized that maybe I am just now hearing it because I have the background menu music turned off. In 3.2 I also did but dont remember hearing the sound. So I have no idea if thats new or not.

2. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    You get the sound in 3.2 when moving channels about.

paul

3. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Holy crap, never any knew I could move 'em around... and I was being so anal about them being in order this whole time. FML.

4. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Yep its a kool feature but shame you can't move the worst off all, the disk channel!

paul

5. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    You can do that. I believe there's a preloader hack for it, and Gecko OS can also do it through the rebooter

6. DS998

Newcomer DS998 Newbie

Netherlands
    Firmware 4.0 is the first useful firmware update. But besides SDHC-support and the SD-cardmenu, there is nothing useful.
    If you don't use SD-cards, I would not update my firmware because it disables the Twilight Hack.