Gaming New Things in 4.0

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering what other things are new in 4.0. Obviously they added the ability to run games off of the SD card and also support SDHC. But what are some other things they have added? I don't care how little. The only thing I have noticed so far is that when you move a channel around (A+B) it makes a noise as if your dragging it across the screen. Sounds really weird when you turn the volume up really high. Anything else you've noticed?

Edit: I just realized that the wii might have already made that sound in 3.2 and if not, it could have been in any in between versions as I have not had those. I also realized that maybe I am just now hearing it because I have the background menu music turned off. In 3.2 I also did but dont remember hearing the sound. So I have no idea if thats new or not.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap, never any knew I could move 'em around... and I was being so anal about them being in order this whole time. FML.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
paul3100 said:
QUOTE said:
Holy crap, never any knew I could move 'em around

Yep its a kool feature but shame you can't move the worst off all, the disk channel!

paul

You can do that. I believe there's a preloader hack for it, and Gecko OS can also do it through the rebooter

DS998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Firmware 4.0 is the first useful firmware update. But besides SDHC-support and the SD-cardmenu, there is nothing useful.
If you don't use SD-cards, I would not update my firmware because it disables the Twilight Hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.