Homebrew New Super Ultimate Injector very specific issue

MultiKoopa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where to even try to fix this problem I'm having. Guess I'll start by asking here

I'm having issues with a very specific game and New Super Ultimate Injector: Mega Man Battle Network 3 (Blue and White). Specifically, it's the Wii U patched versions of those games (which added some exclusive chips, changed map tile brightness, and that's about it).

When I use NSUI to generate CIA files with them, they work just perfectly with no problems. If I use NSUI and add Sleep and Hard Reset patches, the games will run, and both Sleep and Hard Reset will work. But... the second I try to enter an in-game menu (Save, Network, Folder, or anything else), the game just soft-freezes. Music will keep playing, but I can't control the game anymore. The Hard Reset will still work, Sleep Mode combo will still work, but nothing else.

The non-Wii U patched MMBN3 games will work just fine with Sleep/Reset patches. The other games in the series have no issues of any kind like this.

So uh... Where would I even start on trying to figure this out? It's a very specific case, since there's not many GBA games with Wii U specific goodies.

What I really don't get is why a problem like this would occur with in-game menus when adding those patches, especially when none of the other games have that problem, and the non-Wii U patched MMBN3 games don't have this problem. Anybody have any ideas?

Last edited by MultiKoopa,

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where to even try to fix this problem I'm having. Guess I'll start by asking here

I'm having issues with a very specific game and New Super Ultimate Injector: Mega Man Battle Network 3 (Blue and White). Specifically, it's the Wii U patched versions of those games (which added some exclusive chips, changed map tile brightness, and that's about it).

When I use NSUI to generate CIA files with them, they work just perfectly with no problems. If I use NSUI and add Sleep and Hard Reset patches, the games will run, and both Sleep and Hard Reset will work. But... the second I try to enter an in-game menu (Save, Network, Folder, or anything else), the game just soft-freezes. Music will keep playing, but I can't control the game anymore. The Hard Reset will still work, Sleep Mode combo will still work, but nothing else.

The non-Wii U patched MMBN3 games will work just fine with Sleep/Reset patches. The other games in the series have no issues of any kind like this.

So uh... Where would I even start on trying to figure this out? It's a very specific case, since there's not many GBA games with Wii U specific goodies.

What I really don't get is why a problem like this would occur with in-game menus when adding those patches, especially when none of the other games have that problem, and the non-Wii U patched MMBN3 games don't have this problem. Anybody have any ideas?
What system is it?

MultiKoopa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to mention

it's a GBA Injection for the 3DS, using it as a .CIA file.

I'm not sure about the Wii U thing. None of the other Wii U battle network games have any issues. It's strange.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.