New Square Enix Title Announcement Next Week

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by coolness, Jul 6, 2011.

Jul 6, 2011
  1. coolness
    OP

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    The next issue of Famitsu Weekly will be doing a special on Square Enix titles. During this week's issue in an interview about Final Fantasy Type-0, Kingdom Hearts director Tetsuya Nomura is quoted saying:

"There will be some new information on Versus XIII in the next issue, as well as a new title too."

Could the new title be related to Kingdom Hearts? Let's hope so! This issue will also post the results from the Kingdom Hearts related fan poll.

Source

2. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    No, the new title is Theatrhythm.
    Also, old "news".

3. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    If it's anything to do with that utter bum cheese of a rhythm game just announced for the 3DS I will shoot everyone involved.

Personally I want it to be one of the following:

- Info on the apparantly MIA Chocobo Racing 3DS game. I needs more chocobo in my life.

- A proper Final Fantasy game for the 3DS. Not a remake, not a spin-off, not a complete fucking joke as mentioned above, a proper game. An all new world to explore in glorious 3D, with an all new story with an all new villain to ass-whup.

- Failing that, I will settle for a 3DS remake of FF6 if done in the same style as FF4 was on the DS. Voice-overs, 3D character models, extra content, etc. Or the oft teased PS3 remake of FF7. I'd love to see it, if only to shut people up.

4. DChiuch

Newcomer DChiuch Member

Australia
    Thanks for using KH13. [​IMG]

5. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I really want info about that Chocobo Racing game, as well as some more details about that one hard to pronounce music game. If I see it in action, I might change my mind.

6. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    No. Never. Ever. FF6 remake with excellent new sprites like in FF4: Complete Collection, fine, I would really like that. If they desecrate it by doing what they did to the atrocity that is FF4 on the DS, I'll be fairly angry. I want a good remake, not that poop.

Anyways, old news is old. Refer to Goli's post. It's just an FF spinoff, nothing more.

7. brandonspikes

Member brandonspikes King Erazer

United States
    FF4DS was one of the best games on the system, no idea why you're hating on it.

8. coolness
    OP

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    your welcome [​IMG]?

9. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Chrono sequel!

XD
    Yeah right!

10. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    It's by far, the worst iteration of FF4. The PSP one is the best (primarily due to the incredible music, fantastic redone sprites, and being, well, a collection of three games), the GBA one is second (first actual remake, and it turned out fantastically - was a huge step up from the SNES/PSX version), and hell, I would place the SNES version above the DS version. The cutesy 3D graphics on the DS version were an experience ruining change. Games built on sprite based graphics should remain as so. That remake thoroughly proved that sprites don't transition to 3D well when it comes to a game remake.

It's fairly sad when when the remake on the last gen (I guess two gens ago now) handheld is better than the remake on the last gen.

11. JakePsycho

Member JakePsycho gold~king~house

United States
    Please, TWEWY 2 [​IMG]

12. naruses

Member naruses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    KH3, finally!

13. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    Better how, exactly?

14. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Think about it, though. Do you really want a Square Enix sequel?

15. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    The GBA version was a remake. It was a redone translation, totally redone graphics, an added dungeon, and a few other differences. Trust me when I say, you can't begin to compare the SNES version to the GBA version except for the fact that they both used sprite based graphics. A port would be FF6 Advance and FF5 Advance. If anything, FF6 was made worse on its transition to GBA. Of course, there are patches to remedy that sub-par sound and brightened graphics.

The PSP version was definitely a remake with additional content in the form of the Interlude. That was original content. If I'm not mistaken, The After Years was also changed into something more manageable than what it was. The sound and graphics on the PSP version were completely redone too. That qualifies as more than an enhanced port. The sprites make the experience feel like it should. I'm not a fan of SE catering to the overblown cutesy side of DS graphics. (For reference, see every SE DS game ever made)

Regardless, I'm a hardcore old school FF fan. What they did to FF4 was completely unforgivable. I tried it, don't think I didn't and am just bashing it. I made it to the point where Leviathan makes an appearance and just never went back. The graphics made it boring, annoying, and nothing "new" was necessary or made the experience any better. There are so many better games than FF4 DS on the DS including the exemplary, done right Dragon Quest IX (a fresh game that the type of graphics worked for).

I guess if you hadn't played FF4 before, the DS version would be fine, but other versions of the game are beyond better.

16. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Well, yesterday's scan is from Jump, not Famitsu. But Jump always gets the SE games' scoops and then Famitsu generally gets an expanded preview, maybe with a dev interview. This patterns has been going for ages and I don't see why it would change now. So this should be locked or something, because like pretty much every other thread where SOMEONE brings about SE, it's become full of unnecesary and annoying spam and bash comments, which aren't really on topic now are they?
    In the end still it's pretty obvious this is not KH3, a new Chrono game or whatever crap people here may think it will be.
    It will be Theatrhythm. Don't like it? Don't bother posting.

17. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    FFIV for the DS, hmm?

The whole game system, the character attributes, enemy attributes, attacks, everything was redone. It was harder than the original to boot. It's not en inferior offering.

If anyone judges a game by its graphics around here they get jumped on, right? I get we're all a bunch of filthy hypocrites. No complaints if you judge a game for a graphics upgrade.

18. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    The graphics were one of the few moments where the game was actually ruined for me because of it. It was in no way an upgrade from my experience.

19. oxenh

Member oxenh The most unknown member of GBAtemp

Chile
    how the hell this topic turn intro a ff4 battlefield...
    anyway, i just wait for more info about the new final fantasy 3ds

20. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    This is GBATemp. As soon as Square Enix is mentioned, people start orgasming over FF6 and argue about how FF7 is retarded, FF9 is gay, FF11-13 are the shittiest things known to man-kind, and of course, how FF4DS sucks ass.

Then it's always about Kingdom Hearts Fucking 3.