• Replies 916
  • Likes 15

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll wait before buying anything, to see how does it work and if it is still unbreakable by BigN update.

The main thing is that I've got a 9.9 n3DS... What if I need to update a game? Or what if a game needs a sys update? I guess that I won't have the choice. (Need a 9.9 spoof :P)

Seriously, I think that this Sky3DS+ is what should have been the first Sky3DS V1 (Red button).
An updatable game card to avoid being so easily blocked by "small" AP thing. And no more diskwritter, the possibility to create our own cfg file, all those things that were kind of boring with the first Sky3DS.

Even if <9.2 would say that it is a shitty product, at the moment, it is the only way to run roms on 9.2> systems AND it is now the easiest solution to run roms. (Yes, setting up a cfw and installing a CIA, even if it is not difficult (I used it for a long time before my 9.2 o3DS was stolen) is a bit harder than just copy-paste a rom file on a µSD.)

I ask it right now even if I don't plan to buy it before some reviews, does anyone know the cheapest reseller for Europe? :P

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I recommend everyone have fresh dumps of your ROMs ready with your own headers, just to be on the safe side. Hopefully your existing ROM collection will just carry over and work, but you never know.

Fixay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3DScardUK.com have these up for pre-order on there site..

I'd hold off though as I've pre-ordered one for £72 and when checking my statement the next day it looks like they have actually taken £82.. and not responding to any mails.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will get one from http://www.elewelt.de/ for an Review as soon they have them in stock. :)
I think Foxi will have a review up before you get your cart...
Anywho, seeing that the details and the photos of the device are leaked anyways, there's no reason in keeping a secret - I have one of those bad boys and I'll be posting a review as soon as I'm done testing all the new games with it. Cheers, Tempies! :D

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I think i will just wait out a while for reviews on this new orange cart before deciding whether to buy or not. I already own a blue button version and if this proves to be much better, i wouldn't mind trading in for an upgrade. Can't wait. Seems like it's going to be released soon. :)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Definitely, I'm only held back by the download queue (I don't tend to download ROM's, I just buy my games but I don't have a convenient dumping method at the moment).

Do you already have the gamelist.bin? It's not available on sky3ds download page - just reloads the page if you click it.

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

randomUsernamee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, do you think that sky+ will require the use of private headers based on the info we already know about it? what if it has a way of functioning like a .cia game where there is no need for headers at all?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do you already have the gamelist.bin? It's not available on sky3ds download page - just reloads the page if you click it.
The cartridge is not officially out yet, they have some knicks and knacks to work out still. I can't share files given to me in confidence, sorry.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hm, do you think that sky+ will require the use of private headers based on the info we already know about it? what if it has a way of functioning like a .cia game where there is no need for headers at all?
It still needs private headers for online.

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The cartridge is not officially out yet, they have some knicks and knacks to work out still. I can't share files given to me in confidence, sorry.

OH, i see.. well can you spoil one really important thing? i really wanna know if it looks possible to use private headers on sky3ds+ cause their wording about everything and the new system all seems rather vague. you can PM me it if you want, thats the only thing i care about. if it has it i upgrade, if it doesn't i don't. i know i can get free tradeup but...thats kinda really important ya know?

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

But in the website it says that its officialy out.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sky3DS Website said:
A settings.txt file and other .sav files will be built in your microSD card once start to play
games, open the settings.txt, set the CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS = 1(default 0, can change
it anytime later) and save it, a .CFG file will be created in your microSD card after a game has
been played, it includes the specific info for that game(CART_ID,FLASH_ID...), you can build
you own .CFG file for playing a new game(or an online game) later if you know how to get those
info properly, which means you don't have to wait for the updated gamelist.bin file by our site,
the .CFG file has a higher priority than a gamelist.bin file

I think that this CFG file will contain every information, including the header.
It seems logical to me, as it has a higher priority when reading the game specific information that includes CART_ID and that kind of stuff...

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think that this CFG file will contain every information, including the header.
It seems logical to me, as it has a higher priority when reading the game specific information that includes CART_ID and that kind of stuff...

your absolutly right, thanks! altho the CFG file being created AFTER a game has been played seems very...counter intuitive. so i gotta load/play/save the game to make a CFG then it will allow me to give it a private header but that likly axes the save data. annoying, ughrk~

but it sound like it should support english patched and undubbed roms and mods as it makes the file AFTER the game starts, father then checking the game against the file to be allowed to start.

...actually, can't we totally just use that to make like a custom expanded cubic ninja rom to execute even more code? or just start up have a game's new game button be a install CFW hack?

maybe im missing something, but wouldn't that make this one of the bigest breakthroughs there is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o