• Replies 916
  • Likes 15

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yea, I think that you missed the fact that EVEN if we can create our own cfg file (because we can create it from scratch, we don't have to launch the game if you know how to create it), the rom can't be modify because it has to be signed by Nintendo. And as soon you modify something (undub, hackrom, whatever), you break this signature.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This card does homebrew. I think that most checks are out the window at this point.

I should have read the whole thread but it is too much this early in the morning (I'm in Japan).

Will this let me play out of region games? My kids have an American 3DS but want to play the new Yo-Kai Watch games that their friends are playing.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This card does homebrew. I think that most checks are out the window at this point.

I should have read the whole thread but it is too much this early in the morning (I'm in Japan).

Will this let me play out of region games? My kids have an American 3DS but want to play the new Yo-Kai Watch games that their friends are playing.
If you get a cubic ninja rom of your 3ds' region on your Sky3ds, you can run roms of any region using cubic ninja to boot into the regionfree launcher. :)

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image.png I'd say that's a decent price!

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea, I think that you missed the fact that EVEN if we can create our own cfg file (because we can create it from scratch, we don't have to launch the game if you know how to create it), the rom can't be modify because it has to be signed by Nintendo. And as soon you modify something (undub, hackrom, whatever), you break this signature.

i uh, disagree. there are mods of 3ds games that exist already. so while your argument seems sound, it fails against what actually already exists.

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Region3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/inf don't support all games...

actually it does. ive never heard of any games region free can't launch and anything ive ever tried worked fine.

note it technically only supports all major gaming nations, something obscure like a whole 1 shovelware game from vietnam wouldnt work, but anything JP/NA/PAL/ ect would work, and thats basically everything. it supports some other regions as well, but we dont speak moonrunes so we dont even need other regions.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Really? And except using homebrew (HANS) how are you going to use it with Sky3DS?
I didn't tell that it didn't exist. I told that you cannot run that kind of roms using Sky3DS.

ummm what. even if homebrew is required, so what? reminder sky3ds+ runs homebrew.

and on that note, so long as it supports homebrew that pretty much makes it future proof as we can always make new homebrews to bypass new ap checks.

D

Deleted-236924

actually it does. ive never heard of any games region free can't launch and anything ive ever tried worked fine.

note it technically only supports all major gaming nations, something obscure like a whole 1 shovelware game from vietnam wouldnt work, but anything JP/NA/PAL/ ect would work, and thats basically everything. it supports some other regions as well, but we dont speak moonrunes so we dont even need other regions.

ummm what. even if homebrew is required, so what? reminder sky3ds+ runs homebrew.

and on that note, so long as it supports homebrew that pretty much makes it future proof as we can always make new homebrews to bypass new ap checks.
It can't run homebrew in .3ds format, because that requires patched signature checks which the Sky3DS cannot provide.

D

Deleted-19228

Actually, it doesn't. Puzzle Dragons was the first one confirmed not to work.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seventy fucking pounds?! They can suck my hole!
Well if you think about it. It will support all new games, which will add up when you purchase them. $70 is the cost of about 2-3 new 3ds games (depending on price and developer who made it). $70 to play every new game with only making that one payment is a great deal.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i uh, disagree. there are mods of 3ds games that exist already. so while your argument seems sound, it fails against what actually already exists.
Ugh. Just stop posting, please.

Whether you're trolling, or you're simply clueless, either way everything you posted is complete bullshit.

Other members have already refuted everything you've said, so I see no reason to go over it again myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted...