ship.jpg

- Science Fiction RPG
- Customize your space battleship and explore the universe
- More than 150 blueprints of ship parts. Build the ship you want
- 200+ crew members to choose from
- Active Time Battle - the more full your gauge, the more actions available
- wireless battles
- Nudemaker’s Kouno - director

Finally a sci fi setting for a DS RPG, sick of all these fantasy ones.

IGN have done a little write up based on a video they've seen.

"The video began with a slow spaceship crawl reminiscent of the opening scene of Star Wars. Eventually the camera panned out to reveal many vessels travelling in space. A representative from Platinum Games explained that Infinite Line will allow players to captain a ship, "like Captain Kirk in Star Trek." There are two main features of Infinite Line.

First, players will be able to customize their ship. There are over 150 design models, and another 150 possible crew members. The innards of your vessel are modular and can be rearranged at will.

The second piece of the puzzle is a large, expansive world to explore. There will be a deep story that spans across two galaxies. Platinum Games says players will learn what it means to be human.

We were then showed several place holder images for what the final game might look like. The photos were quite complex, detailing a lot of specific information about the player's ship and its various components. According to Platinum Games, the "graphics will blow you away. You will not believe this is being done on the DS." Among the various images we noticed a logo for "CTC Industry."

Infinite Line will be based on the novella "Childhood's End" by Arthur C. Clarke. It sounds like this will be a very unique game for the DS."

Hope to see some screens soon, this could be the most promising RPG of the year.

EDIT: Screens:
mugen01.jpg
mugen02.jpg

Taper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad f'n ass. I'll definately keep my eye on this one. Also watching Jumpgate Evolution for PC. Finally an answer to a massive multiplayer space sim with twitch based gameplay and not another interactive screensaver like EVE.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks as always Hadrian, worth keeping an eye on I guess but nothing to make me run around and fall over from excitement yet.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little rusty on my Japanese. Can anyone tell me what type of game play it is?

Does that mean it's a turn-based system?

Always looking for a good RPG. Thanks Hadrian for the heads-up.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Szyslak said:
I'm a little rusty on my Japanese. Can anyone tell me what type of game play it is?

No, that means you fight in real time similar to Final Fantasy 12 and such, not turn base. Though you don't get unlimited attacks, you have to wait until your battle gauge fills up to prevent attack spamming.

Anyways, please let there be an english release for this game...

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Szyslak said:

No, that means you fight in real time similar to Final Fantasy 12 and such, not turn base. Though you don't get unlimited attacks, you have to wait until your battle gauge fills up to prevent attack spamming.

Anyways, please let there be an english release for this game...
Even if there isn't an english version released we can easily translate it and patch it.

ndpndnt16

Trophies
XP
Country
stop your hopes this will be moved to US if nds dead...har!!har!!!but if someone try to translate that would be good...i hate JAPS!!!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IGN have done a little write up based on a video they've seen.

"The video began with a slow spaceship crawl reminiscent of the opening scene of Star Wars. Eventually the camera panned out to reveal many vessels travelling in space. A representative from Platinum Games explained that Infinite Line will allow players to captain a ship, "like Captain Kirk in Star Trek." There are two main features of Infinite Line.

First, players will be able to customize their ship. There are over 150 design models, and another 150 possible crew members. The innards of your vessel are modular and can be rearranged at will.

The second piece of the puzzle is a large, expansive world to explore. There will be a deep story that spans across two galaxies. Platinum Games says players will learn what it means to be human.

We were then showed several place holder images for what the final game might look like. The photos were quite complex, detailing a lot of specific information about the player's ship and its various components. According to Platinum Games, the "graphics will blow you away. You will not believe this is being done on the DS." Among the various images we noticed a logo for "CTC Industry."

Infinite Line will be based on the novella "Childhood's End" by Arthur C. Clarke. It sounds like this will be a very unique game for the DS."

Hope to see some screens soon, this could be the most promising RPG of the year.

EDIT: Screens:
mugen01.jpg
mugen02.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: