New Saturn modchip

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by EnigmaXtreme, Dec 29, 2012.

Dec 29, 2012

New Saturn modchip by EnigmaXtreme at 10:47 PM (9,245 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. EnigmaXtreme
    OP

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I don't know if this has already been brought up already but over at SegaStyle a brand new modchip for the Sega Saturn has been released. The new modchip, dubbed "PCB V3 (Universal)" stands out as it is just that, Universal.

Previously installing a modchip in the underrated system proved to be a hassle, particularly with the original Model 1 systems which required the modchip to be modded itself however this new version with its almost plug and play design will allow Saturn users to enjoy the games for years to come.

The new modchip is $34.99 and is avaliable at:
    http://www.segastyle.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=76

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Oh goodie! I was wondering when a no-problemo solution pops up for that system - I'd love to have one but successfully modded Saturns fetch ridiculous prices around here - this might change that situation. :D

3. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    40 bucks isn't the worst, I suppose. Now I need to open up my Saturns and see what model they are..

4. EnigmaXtreme
    OP

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    You don't need to man, if the Power/Reset Buttons are Oval its a Model 1 if their Circle its Model 2

5. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    What's the usual asking price for one? If they're selling for good money I might have to think about parting with mine.

6. Fellow

Member Fellow GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is a big coincidence, considering I just scored two Sega Saturns both, (1 Model 1, 1 Modern 2) for about $99. Thanks for the update.

7. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    The website says this though:
    Although that website seems to recommend the v3 Universal for any oval buttoned consoles, one of which I do own.

8. Dr Eggman

Member Dr Eggman I am THE Eggman.

Canada
    It's about time! I have a model one sitting around gathering dust and I even bought the model 2 chip to try the mod... Needless to say it didn't work. In the end I ended up buying a premodded Saturn but I may pick one of these up to mod my model 1! Wish they had these back when I needed em!