New PS3 FW 3.50

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ecw, Feb 19, 2011.

Feb 19, 2011

New PS3 FW 3.50 by ecw at 11:18 PM (2,446 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. ecw
    OP

Member ecw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just opened a new PS3 with 3.50 on it. I would like to go to 3.55 KMEAW. How do I get to OFW 3.55 to then install CFW 3.55? I think I already DL'd the official 3.55 and the Custom 3.55 in a "complete" pack. Do I just update to OFW 3.55 through USB via Recovery?

2. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Yes. Simple as that:

You put the OFW 3.55 on your USB Stick (should look like this: ?\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP) and after you inserted the stick into the PS3 you go to settings and "System Update". Then "Update via Storage Device" and after that all you have to do is accept a bunch of things and you`ll be done in no time.

After you are on OFW 3.55 you do the same thing with the CFW 3.55 kmeau. That`s all...

3. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    You don't even need recovery (recovery is only needed for downgrading or for going back to OFW). Just set it up as follows: USB:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP. Stick the USB in the PS3, go to System Update, and select Update from Removable Storage (or something like that - I forget exactly how it was worded). It'll run the update from the USB and you'll be on 3.55. To install kmeaw's CFW, just replace the OFW PS3UPDAT.PUP file with the CFW PS3UPDAT.PUP file on the USB, then follow the previous steps all over again. You'll see it say 3.55-kmeaw in the version.

Easy.

4. Master Mo

Germany
    Ya, normally you don`t need it. The recovery-mode is sometimes needed when installing the CFW, since sometime the Playsi says that you already are on the newest firmware. Then you`ll do it with the recovery-mode (for example I had to do it like that [​IMG]).

5. ecw
    OP

United States
    Wow, thanks for the fast replies. All went well. Now showing CFW 3.55!! I installed Rogero Manager 7.8. Now to try some games. Few more questions...

To install to the internal HD, do I just put in the disc and run Rogero?

How to install to an external HD?

The External HD should be FAT32?

What would the folder structure look like for the games to work?

Can I install and run more than 1 manager like on the Wii?

6. Master Mo

Germany

7. ecw
    OP

United States

Thanks man, appreciate sooooo much. Getting Mutlimon now. Installing Madden to internal as well. Will try an external later. Any other important things I should know or look out for?

8. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Just dont go online!
    MOST games will play off external, some will not, its hit & miss.

9. Chanser

Member Chanser :o

Macau
  10. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I use the GAMES folder myself - Multiman created it for me when I started with backing up my own games.

So far I've run into 3 games that won't work on external: Uncharted 2, Final Fantasy XIII, and Resistance (they all have a file that is larger than 4GB). The compatability list from Chanser's link says FFXIII does work on external, but I've just stuck to copying it to the internal drive to work.

11. ecw
    OP

United States
    Tried to play Bulletstorm from an external and got a "Disc has been Ejected" message. Does that mean I have to install to the internal HD instead?

12. Master Mo

Germany
    I haven`t tried it myself but as far as I know it should work...

If you still have it on your external try launching the game on multiman by bushing Select+X.

If you do that normally games like Heavy Rain or Sonic Unleashed, which previously were Internal-only can now be launched through external as well...

13. Sotoro

Member Sotoro GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    The Bulletstorm release is already nuked. It's a bad rip, wait for a repack.

14. ecw
    OP

United States
    That makes sense. I was able to play for a while before the message came up. Played ok up to that point. [​IMG] I will look for a different release.

15. Sotoro

Member Sotoro GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    There are missing files, so you can only play the first act. At the moment there isn't a full working ps3 release.