new nnid on arm9 luma3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by iluvfuzz, Oct 18, 2016.

1. iluvfuzz
    OP

iluvfuzz GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2012
    United States
    United States
    I've read you can't have the same nnid on multiple 3ds. I recently did the 11.1 hack that had system transfer. One of the 3ds has my network id. What I want to do is make my husband and idea on the other 3ds. How do I do that? Backup nand, backup sd, format, restore nand? Or would that just put the same nnid back on it?

2. iluvfuzz
    OP

iluvfuzz GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Well I tried what I posted above and of course restoring the nand just brought back the same nnid. What would happen if I didn't do a nand restore? My n3ds would still be considered hacked right?

3. buda81

buda81 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    if A9lh is installed, it is still hacked.

4. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    If you're trying to keep the games on the console and just remove the nnid, I'm not 100% sure.

If you want a like-new console, but keep the hack, then just formatting the system from system settings will remove everything but a9lh. You keep a9lh even if you format the console from within the 3ds.

5. iluvfuzz
    OP

iluvfuzz GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2012
    United States
    United States
    So in other words I don't really need to do a nand restore? Just format, link a different nnid, put my microsd card backup back on the microsd and I'm good to go?

6. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    yup! I mean, any games or saves you had on there will be gone. So after you format, it'll be like a brand new 3ds, just opened and started...except it'll have a9lh on there.

All you'll need on the microsd card will be the homebrew files and needed hax files and whatnot. You'll also need to re-inject FBI in order to install homebrew channel, luma updater, and whatnot since a format removes those. (here's the link, to section IV of https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH) for convenience)

iluvfuzz likes this.
  7. iluvfuzz
    OP

iluvfuzz GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Is there any way to keep the games and saves when linking a new nnid? or am I forced to backup the saves before hand and reinstall all the games?

8. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
  9. iluvfuzz
    OP

iluvfuzz GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2012
    United States
    United States
  10. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Download it from https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/latest and put the .bin file in luma/payloads and rename it y_Decrypt9.bin (or something that doesn't interfere with the other payloads) and hold the assigned button on boot to start up Decrypt9.