Hacking New nintendo wii u owner help

darkmolddd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, i will get my wii u tomorrow, so i was thinking about let it free. My doubts, if someone i hope can read all these shit and i will write and help me, are:

- should i update the console before start this guide https://wiiu.hacks.guide/?? the last update is one of the vulnerable???

- The Nintendo ds shop its still open, so i can still do all the process. In internet i saw they close e shop so... i don know if i will after this be able to free it without the ds game.

- i wanted to use a hard drive (it´s not external energy dependant so i should use Dual USB 3.0 tipo A, yes or yes???) in there i want to put in my wii u games and wii games (is it possible). And a Microsd 64 gb for the wii games (i´m just interested in a few (trauma games a rhythm paradise, i already have a wii so...). Because vWii guide say you need 2 different stores foir wii and wii u games https://wiiu.hacks.guide/vwii-modding is it that true?? is it have to be via usb or i can use sd for wii??? or i can use the same HDD to boot wii and wii u games. I´m quite lost here. should i format both to 32fat and 64 cluster??? am i right? i need to know to pick up a bigger mircosd for wii games and install wii u games or forget wii games or....

- i will have more answers, mostly how install games and which format its needed: do i have to insert the games first in the sd to install them in the HDD?? or can i put them in the HDD and install them there??

- It´s hard to find games, almost impossbile, any free shop or something like that. torrent web??

So my main problem is the storage for know. Really THX for your HELP AND TIME

Last edited by darkmolddd,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
- should i update the console before start this guide https://wiiu.hacks.guide/?? the last update is one of the vulnerable???
You can update safely to 5.5.3. Nothing was fixed there.

- The Nintendo ds shop its still open, so i can still do all the process. In internet i saw they close e shop so... i don know if i will after this be able to free it without the ds game.
They mean the wii shop. That thing was closed. The wii u eshop works fine. And dont use a pirated ds vc game. Or you will brick to 100%.

32fat and 64 cluster???
FAT32 with 32k cluster size

Reactions: darkmolddd

darkmolddd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
And buy the brain academy game from shop to make it haxchi

Why did i read it free or have a bug no? Can u answer me about my problem with de storage i dotn know what to do.

One last, from a key page and program i saw the wii games direct from the nintedo shop, this will work without vWii. because i will be able to install only one HDD. Maybe im mistake If u could read it and answer me in the top because i dont know what i really know or will work.

Its worth Coldboot Haxchi over haxchi.

One last thing (other) the wii u use thermal pad so itsn not need it change it right? i have already thin thermal pad and paste, so i was wondering about the termals after 7 years for thsi console.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
And buy the brain academy game from shop to make it haxchi
There are a few games which are compatible with haxchi ;)

Why did i read it free
This game is not longer for free. Only if you have purchased it before 2014 it was free.

Coldboot Haxchi over haxchi
Coldboot Haxchi is technically haxchi. In my opinion...yes it is worth.

because i will be able to install only one HDD
Then you can choose that in the wup installer

darkmolddd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So
There are a few games which are compatible with haxchi ;)

This game is not longer for free. Only if you have purchased it before 2014 it was free.

Coldboot Haxchi is technically haxchi. In my opinion...yes it is worth.

Then you can choose that in the wup installer

it shouldnt cost more that 3 or 4 euros i imagen or is full release price???

Yea i will go for it , i was scare of being forced one day to hard format or internal memory failure or something and brick the console.

So i can install wii and wii u games in the same HDD (or only of the wii games are from the nintedo eshop, but i dotn find the keys for wii games (are they needed anyway?) or wii games just can be install via .iso and vWii in a differet HDD. In that case could i install them in my mircosd?

Last edited by darkmolddd,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
it shouldnt cost more that 3 or 4 euros i imagen or is full release price???
The cheapest title is brain age atm. 6.99€ i think.

i was scare of being forced one day to hard format or internal memory failure or something and brick the console.
Dont format the console while cbhc is installed or you will definitely brick. Because cbhc is the only way to boot your console. All the bricks in this forum here are 100% user errors. Dont do the same please.

So i can install wii and wii u games in the same HDD (or only of the wii games are from the nintedo eshop, but i dotn find the keys for wii games
When you use haxchi or cbhc, you can install whatever you want.

In that case could i install them in my mircosd?
.iso files must be written via wbfs manager to a usb stick. For sd cards...idk.

Demix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i meant brain age for haxchi. To put it simple coldboot is chance of brick, haxchi takes a min extra each time. So what i do is install regular games through wup and it works, games that have dlc only work on mocha aka coldboot. The dlc wont work on regular firmware. So if i want play wii fit i use regular firmware, if i want play super smash with the dlc i load mocha. I use a external 1 tb hd with the y usb adapter

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and since coldboot is cfw, i was on the regular firmware and able to acess the eshop still. I needed youtube and i was able to connect and download np

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
- i wanted to use a hard drive (it´s not external energy dependant so i should use Dual USB 3.0 tipo A, yes or yes???) in there i want to put in my wii u games and wii games (is it possible). And a Microsd 64 gb for the wii games (i´m just interested in a few (trauma games a rhythm paradise, i already have a wii so...). Because vWii guide say you need 2 different stores foir wii and wii u games https://wiiu.hacks.guide/vwii-modding is it that true?? is it have to be via usb or i can use sd for wii??? or i can use the same HDD to boot wii and wii u games. I´m quite lost here. should i format both to 32fat and 64 cluster??? am i right? i need to know to pick up a bigger mircosd for wii games and install wii u games or forget wii games or....

- i will have more answers, mostly how install games and which format its needed: do i have to insert the games first in the sd to install them in the HDD?? or can i put them in the HDD and install them there??

- It´s hard to find games, almost impossbile, any free shop or something like that. torrent web??

So my main problem is the storage for know. Really THX for your HELP AND TIME

1. You only need one SD card (minimum 16GB for 8GB white Wii U and 64GB for black 32GB Wii U), and 1 HDD for both Wii U, Wii games and Gamecube etc.(usually it needs the usb 2.0 type y cable for extra power.)

2. For installation of games you need to put games on the microsd card in a folder called "install". Since some games are large (around 20GB) you should get an SD card with at least 64GB and a pretty quick one too since installing the large ones will take time.

3. Figuring out where to find games won't get you any luck on this forum since that is prohibited stuff here, though it shouldn't be difficult. Don't go for the loadiine way though. You want 1 hdd for all systems so you'll want the wup method (the one that uses wup installer GX2).

4. Oh and I use Haxchi since I don't want the added risk of someone else bricking my system or me by accident, plus you only need to run it if you want to play games that are either not from your region or have updates/dlc. My advice is therefore to start by only using haxchi and then seeing if installing CBHC is necessary. I've had haxchi for 2 years without having any issues with it.

Last edited by Zense,

Demix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. For installation of games you need to put games on the microsd card in a folder called "install". Since some games are large (around 20GB) you should get an SD card with at least 64GB and a pretty quick one too since installing the large ones will take time.

You cant hint that usb helper will help with that?

El_Syd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have similar queries, only that I'm wondering if it's possible to load Gamecube, Wii and Wii U backups from an SD card. I have a 256GB micro SDXC (with an adapter), which I understand can be used for backing up important things in case of a brick, but I'm wondering if I can just load games from that as well, similar to how simple it is on a 3DS with CFW.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have similar queries, only that I'm wondering if it's possible to load Gamecube, Wii and Wii U backups from an SD card. I have a 256GB micro SDXC (with an adapter), which I understand can be used for backing up important things in case of a brick, but I'm wondering if I can just load games from that as well, similar to how simple it is on a 3DS with CFW.
You can with loadiine, but the loading times and general compatibility is lower (at least it was when I tried it 2 years ago). I second getting haxchi.

Also, yeah usb loader can help.

El_Syd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can with loadiine, but the loading times and general compatibility is lower (at least it was when I tried it 2 years ago). I second getting haxchi.

Also, yeah usb loader can help.

So, for best results, it's still recommended to use an external hard drive with the Wii U?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-