New Nintendo 3DS XL bricked

yeet_yeet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There’s only a blue light coming on with a black screen and recovery mode gives an error when I try to update, and I don’t have CFW on my New Nintendo 3DS XL. I also checked my SD card on a computer a while ago and all the files randomly got wiped from it, so there’s nothing on the SD card.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why you say it's "bricked" when it still goes into recovery mode.

Are you sure you don't have CFW installed? Did you buy this unit used?

By "blue light", are you referring to the power light, or the light next to the shoulder button?

Does anything different happen if you have the SD card inserted or not? (You might still be able to recover data from the card using standard PC data recovery software, though that will probably not help with this issue.)

Did anything unusual happen to this unit before you started seeing this problem?

yeet_yeet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why you say it's "bricked" when it still goes into recovery mode.

Are you sure you don't have CFW installed? Did you buy this unit used?

By "blue light", are you referring to the power light, or the light next to the shoulder button?

Does anything different happen if you have the SD card inserted or not? (You might still be able to recover data from the card using standard PC data recovery software, though that will probably not help with this issue.)

Did anything unusual happen to this unit before you started seeing this problem?
I originally had CFW but it bricked after I uninstalled it. I say it’s bricked because it doesn’t boot to the home screen, and when it goes into recovery mode it gives an error when I try to update it. I am referring to the power light, and nothing different happens whether it is inserted or not. Nothing unusual happened to the unit before I had the problem. Also I’m pretty sure it’s soft bricked since it can boot into recovery mode.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I originally had CFW but it bricked after I uninstalled it.
This is confusing. Did you uninstall CFW recently? Was it "bricked" differently then than it is now? This is why the term "bricked" is very unhelpful unless the thing is literally a completely nonfunctional brick!

What did you do to uninstall CFW? What did you do to make it less-"bricked"?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally had CFW but it bricked after I uninstalled it. I say it’s bricked because it doesn’t boot to the home screen, and when it goes into recovery mode it gives an error when I try to update it. I am referring to the power light, and nothing different happens whether it is inserted or not. Nothing unusual happened to the unit before I had the problem. Also I’m pretty sure it’s soft bricked since it can boot into recovery mode.
Did you follow this guide 'till the end when you first uninstalled cfw? If not, what and how did you do it exactly?
Can you access either GodMode9 when holding "start" on boot, or Luma3DS menu when holding "select" on boot?
If so, you can follow this to put some files back on the sd card.
Though the sdcard should be tested with h2testw, it's not to be trusted from what you're describing.

Reactions: Sypherone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: That's what I like to see B-) +1