New kernel exploit on 3000

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by mcp2, Apr 16, 2009.

Apr 16, 2009

New kernel exploit on 3000 by mcp2 at 7:13 PM (839 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. mcp2
    OP

Member mcp2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    New kernel exploit from Davee, says he will be releasing a stripped down HEN before Tuesday. TUESDAY ffs.

I don't know if there's still more awesomness from MaTiAz.

I literally have boner, smell it.

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Will believe it when I SEE IT!

It's a TIFF exploit doing the rounds too at the minute but its YET ANOTHER 'HELLO WORLD' pretty worthless hack!

a HEN is not much better as its not permanent ..

to quote your quote there ...

reading around its pretty doubtful it will happen in the near future either!

think of it as emulating to load homebrew it states too in the quote that has been copied and pasted off qj.net or other place that has got it from there .... that it will not boot everything and will be restrictive with what you can do with it [​IMG]

for most people unless it can boot CSO/ISO reliable it will be useless [​IMG]

3. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    he's saying the exploit itself is too unstable to use for flashing files to the flash0.
    but the exploit can be used to run a HEN, which can then boot an eboot.pbp homebrew which can safely flash files there.

also, a HEN isn't permanent, but in my opinion that makes it better.
    no need to flash an entirely new FW to your psp with the risk of bricking it.
    besides, i believe most ipod touch/iphone users are happily using a temp-hack too.

just put the psp in standby instead of turning it off if you don't want to use the exploit all the time.

4. mcp2
    OP

Member mcp2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Well a HEN will hopefully lead to a new cfw, but I wouldn't know how! If this does work and they do manage to install cfw then it should be possible on 1000 and 2000 without a pandora battery, on those f/w anyway.

5. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    This looks great [​IMG] I saw a vid of a HEN loader useing the gripshift exploit but it never got a public rls and I bought gripshift and all [​IMG] hopefull this will do the same trick in tiime [​IMG]