Gaming New kernel exploit on 3000

mcp2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New kernel exploit from Davee, says he will be releasing a stripped down HEN before Tuesday. TUESDAY ffs.

QUOTE said:
HEN will be a stripped down enabler lacking many features of M33 custom firmware. It'll allow the bootup of homebrew regardless but may be restrictive to certain applications (in cases where it will not boot at all). However, applications will be released to enhance the HEN such as the loading of M33 custom firmware when I get permission to use the modules.

As another note, the conditions of the TIFF exploit as very unstable (as you might have noticed) and flashing of modules to flash0 is improbable and will load off the memorystick. An eboot will be supplied to countervent this and will flash the modules in a more stable enviroment.

Release is currently unconfirmed but will be before Tuesday.

I don't know if there's still more awesomness from MaTiAz.

I literally have boner, smell it.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Will believe it when I SEE IT!

It's a TIFF exploit doing the rounds too at the minute but its YET ANOTHER 'HELLO WORLD' pretty worthless hack!

a HEN is not much better as its not permanent ..

to quote your quote there ...

QUOTE said:
flashing of modules to flash0 is improbable

reading around its pretty doubtful it will happen in the near future either!

think of it as emulating to load homebrew it states too in the quote that has been copied and pasted off qj.net or other place that has got it from there .... that it will not boot everything and will be restrictive with what you can do with it
frown.gif

for most people unless it can boot CSO/ISO reliable it will be useless
frown.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
he's saying the exploit itself is too unstable to use for flashing files to the flash0.
but the exploit can be used to run a HEN, which can then boot an eboot.pbp homebrew which can safely flash files there.

also, a HEN isn't permanent, but in my opinion that makes it better.
no need to flash an entirely new FW to your psp with the risk of bricking it.
besides, i believe most ipod touch/iphone users are happily using a temp-hack too.

just put the psp in standby instead of turning it off if you don't want to use the exploit all the time.

mcp2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well a HEN will hopefully lead to a new cfw, but I wouldn't know how! If this does work and they do manage to install cfw then it should be possible on 1000 and 2000 without a pandora battery, on those f/w anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.