OP
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
gog_connect.jpg

GOG launched a new feature called GOG Connect. It's a neat little feature that lets you connect your two accounts and "import" your steam games to your GOG account and duplicate them, and you'll be able to keep them in both places! Think of it like some kind of a backup system. This is great for users who hate Steam's DRM and like to play games DRM free. Just go to the link and see if your favorite game is available yet for syncing.
As of now (3rd of June 2016) there are only 28 games available, but there will be more with time! But hurry, because for contractual reasons you only have 5 days to "import" these games, and every time a game is made available, you'll have a period of 5 days to import it, before it gets unavailable for import. Let's hope that this will be changed in the future. :)

Steps to "import" your eligible steam games to GOG:

1. Log in to your GOG account
  2. Go to this page
  3. If you have eligible games you'll get a list with them, just click "Add Games"
  4. Enjoy!

P.S.
You can check back time to time and click the refresh button on the page, to see if there are new games that got approved to "import"!
So what do you guys think of this new feature? I myself think it's pretty neat and awesome, for many reasons, which include DRM free, owning the games on multiple accounts, having the ability to play your favorite games even if you don't have access to steam due to blocked ports or similar, and most of the save files being compatible between the services is even greater for those who use both. :)

:arrow:Source

Last edited by Attila13,
D

Deleted User

This is good. If steam ever goes bankrupt or you have a major problem with thier terms of service you can keep playing some of your games.

Reactions: Attila13

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
woa! now things are starting to ger serious!
i remember when i was a humble bundle aholic, i loved that i could get the games directly from humble bundle and play them without restrictions, and i could as well have them in my steam games list.. hope that in the future this evolves to multiplataform..

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think this bit is interesting for those who intend to use this service as game backup:

If I no longer have the game in my Steam library, do I still keep it on GOG.com?
If a game is removed from your Steam account for any reason, such as through manual deletion or a refund – we reserve the right to remove the games from your GOG.com library.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm genuinely impressed here. Sure, the five days seems like a teaser to draw people into the GoG store ('find out if your games are eligible now...or tomorrow...or after that...'), but coming from someone who uses both platforms, this is absolutely great. Using this, I can already import more than a handful of games I own on steam, and due to the nature of GoG, download them without the need of the steam client. :D

(no, I don't think steam will go bankrupt soon, but this is the best way to be completely sure).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just tried it. Man...14 games instantly added to gog. Some interesting note: I have 'trine' on steam and it unlocks Trine: enhanced edition on GoG. Same for FTL ! :D

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay, I'm triple posting here. But with good reason (and half a week later): new games have been added to GoG connect. Sort of hard to say which ones or even if others have disappeared, but doorkickers and kona are certainly new ones. So if you have these on steam and want a non-DRM one for it...head over to gog.com. :)

(and no, I won't be updating this post every time I notice new stuff)

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
OP
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Okay, I'm triple posting here. But with good reason (and half a week later): new games have been added to GoG connect. Sort of hard to say which ones or even if others have disappeared, but doorkickers and kona are certainly new ones. So if you have these on steam and want a non-DRM one for it...head over to gog.com. :)

(and no, I won't be updating this post every time I notice new stuff)
Nice. :)

And there's no need for that...With a quick bookmark everyone, who is interested can check if there are new games. Who is interested, the available games to "import" can be found on the connect page, under UNAVAILABLE games....Yes...it sounds weird and ironic, but it's true. :lol:
Sadly GOG isn't announcing users who connected their steam accounts by e-mail with the newly added games to "import", because I'd update the thread myself so it would be easier for everyone.

The available games to "import" as of the 8th of June 2016

1. Braid
  2. Breach & Clear
  3. Breach & Clear Deadline
  4. Broken Sword: Director's Cut
  5. Defender's Quest
  6. Door Kickers
  7. FTL: Advanced Edition
  8. Galactic Civilization III
  9. Kona
  10. Project Zomboid
  11. Saint's Row 2
  12. Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring
  13. Surgeon Simulator 2013
  14. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
  15. The Witness
  16. To the Moon
  17. Unreal Gold
  18. Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition
  19. VVVVVV
  20. Xenonauts

P.S.
I have "imported" the following games...
  • Bit.Trip.Runner
  • Mount & Blade
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • The Withcher: Enhanced Edition
  • Trine: Enchanted Edition
  • Two Worlds
...thus I don't know if they're still available or not...Before I "imported" them the 5 day period was written below them, so can't say anything about their availability...

Reactions: Taleweaver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.