Hardware New Faster Lighter 3DS Console Announced

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The DSi didn't spell the end of the DS, the GBC didn't knock the GB out and the N3DS won't kill the 3DS. It provides a performance improvement, that's all - the exclusive titles are there to entice you to upgrade.

Now that's something I disagree, DSi came to replace DS Lite, as DS Lite came to replace DS Phat.
There were still games that supported DS Phat when DSi was released, but DS Phat was not been manufactured anymore.
Probably, the current 3DS will stop been manufactured as the new 3DS dominates the market.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Now that's something I disagree, DSi came to replace DS Lite, as DS Lite came to replace DS Phat.
There were still games that supported DS Phat when DSi was released, but DS Phat was not been manufactured anymore.
Probably, the current 3DS will stop been manufactured as the new 3DS dominates the market.
That wasn't my point. My point was that the coming of the DSi did not end the flow of games to the DS - it got DSiWare and a few exclusives, but that was it.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That wasn't my point. My point was that the coming of the DSi did not end the flow of games to the DS - it got DSiWare and a few exclusives, but that was it.

I get it, although I think people underestimate DSi games, there are quite some good DSi games,
Shantae, Earthworm Jim, Rayman, Mighty Milk Way, Mario vs Donkey Kong Minis March Again etc
Those game, in my opinion, are catridge game quality and are sold for far less

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I get it, although I think people underestimate DSi games, there are quite some good DSi games,
Shantae, Earthworm Jim, Rayman, Mighty Milk Way, Mario vs Donkey Kong Minis March Again etc
Those game, in my opinion, are catridge game quality and are sold for far less
They do indeed. A lot of people missed out on quality DSiWare, especially stuff that wasn't released on anything else like LoZ: Four Swords - Anniversary Edition.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They do indeed. A lot of people missed out on quality DSiWare, especially stuff that wasn't released on anything else like LoZ: Four Swords - Anniversary Edition.

Except LoZ Four Swords, all the DSi games are still avaiable in e-shop, so It's not too late to give these games a chance.
Also, people with 3DSes were able to download LoZ Four Swords, me and all my brothers have these on our 3DSes, and one of my brothers got a XL,
which makes gameplay even better in my opinion.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Except LoZ Four Swords, all the DSi games are still avaiable in e-shop, so It's not too late to give these games a chance.
Also, people with 3DSes were able to download LoZ Four Swords, me and all my brothers have these on our 3DSes, and one of my brothers got a XL,
which makes gameplay even better in my opinion.
Well, back when there was just the DS and the DSi, you had to have a DSi to enjoy it - otherwise it's the standard GBA edition. :P

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as it's the same price or lower and is an improvement in every way, I don't see a problem. The games, outside of a few exclusives if history anything to go by, will still be compatible with the original 3DS. Until I bought a 3DS, my main DS was still my old Phat and I played "DSi Enhanced" games on it fine. I'm sure it would have been better on the DSi, but it still worked fine on my Phat. As long as this generation is current, the original 3DS and 3DS XL will still be supported, so no worries.

Reactions: Foxi4

dogmarch

Potato Warrior - Anti Zombie
Trophies
XP
Country
the hinge on the new 3ds model reminds me of the ds lite's hinge. :/ I'm afraid they might be flimsy as fudge. hopefully not.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the hinge on the new 3ds model reminds me of the ds lite's hinge. :/ I'm afraid they might be flimsy as fudge. hopefully not.
I doubt they would regress the improvement in the hinge, especially with how many complaints they've probably had about their hinges with the DS and DS Lite. Either way, I'm fine with it. If the hinges are crap then that means more people coming in for me to fix their hinges (which simply entails replacing the housing). I'll never complain about easy work for easy money.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Some new info:
(the more interesting bits)

Camera functions
- if you have accessories on your head or face, the feature may not work properly
- if there is strong direct light entering the camera, the feature may not work properly
- contains an infrared LED lamp used for 3D stabilization in dark places. takes better pics in drk places.
- no AC adapter (its dlc now, duh :P)

Source

Reactions: Veho

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Some new info:
(the more interesting bits)

Camera functions
- if you have accessories on your head or face, the feature may not work properly
- if there is strong direct light entering the camera, the feature may not work properly
- contains an infrared LED lamp used for 3D stabilization in dark places. takes better pics in drk places.

Source
I think you forgot to list the most important bit:
- uses the inner-camera to keep 3D viewing stable by tracking face position
This might mean things. The new 3DS might have an active parallax barrier. Maybe.

In any case, accessories on your face or direct light shining into the lens messes up all facial recognition software, and this is facial recognition software.

:rofl2:

Reactions: Snailface

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May as well give us better cameras and flash as well.

Not sure who said it, but I'm pretty sure all the new features will be carry over despite if they are used much for the N3ds.

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an xl on august 26th... you can imagine my pain. I've had a 3ds for a few years and figured with the deal and after selling my current 3ds for about 60 or 70 including 1 game with it i was only out less than $100. then days later they announce the new 3ds, thanks.

I was glad to see they will be the same price as existing 3ds's I most likely wont get it on launch but probably eventually get one assuming it gets some good games. also I hope they fix the shoulder buttons, they have been crap since the ds lite.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought an xl on august 26th... you can imagine my pain. I've had a 3ds for a few years and figured with the deal and after selling my current 3ds for about 60 or 70 including 1 game with it i was only out less than $100. then days later they announce the new 3ds, thanks.

I was glad to see they will be the same price as existing 3ds's I most likely wont get it on launch but probably eventually get one assuming it gets some good games. also I hope they fix the shoulder buttons, they have been crap since the ds lite.

I think the shoulder buttons on the 3DS XL are the best we've had since the original GBA, personally.

Reactions: VMM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are...