Hacking new exploit for wii !!

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if someone with a PAL wii and copy who knows a little asm wants to meet me on IRC I can discuss it with them. I'm looking at the ntsc ssbb stuff right now

R2-D2199

Trophies
Website
softwii.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
A serious dev posting his stuff in german? And we should believe that?
Wii-homebrew.com is a big homebrew community.
The exploit is under development and its for PAL Wiis, so the best place to release an alpha version is a german/european board.

Tom191

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
megazig said:
if someone with a PAL wii and copy who knows a little asm wants to meet me on IRC I can discuss it with them. I'm looking at the ntsc ssbb stuff right now
I dont know shit for ASM, or any programming for that matter. But I do have a drivekey, I do own a retail NTSC SSBB so I wont feel bad about downloading a PAL version, and I can easily region change my wii without any fears.

Hell, I'd much rather just pay you to do it.

Anyone else wanna chip in? This could finally be a great way to fix all those damn 003 wii's out there.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Tom191 said:
megazig said:
I dont know shit for ASM, or any programming for that matter. But I do have a drivekey, I do own a retail NTSC SSBB so I wont feel bad about downloading a PAL version, and I can easily region change my wii without any fears.

Anyone else wanna chip in? This could finally be a great way to fix all those damn 003 wii's out there.

Sure, I'm willing to do it (or I just find it cheap and send it over seas)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tom191 said:
megazig said:

lol you don't know megazig too well do you? I highly doubt he will actually support you pirating a game for any purpose, least of all this.

Tom191

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SifJar said:
lol you don't know megazig too well do you? I highly doubt he will actually support you pirating a game for any purpose, least of all this.
I've never pirated a game before. I only bought a drivekey just to try to fix a bricked wii. And since I do legally own a retail SSBB, like I said, I would not feel bad about downloading a PAL version, especially for research purposes.

But hell, I'll purchase one without hesitation if it will help us get a PAL Smash Stack exploit.

@megazig, Could you please post up your paypal email address and I'll send you some money ASAP. If you can't tell, I am nearly dying to see this exploit come to life.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
afaik, all game exploits can be tested on ANY region Wii using a usb-loader. But most people capable of doing what we're asking (like Megazig) would not do so without a legitimately purchased retail copy of the game.

I can understand where they're coming from... but I thought it would be worth pointing out that these exploits still work via a usb-loader (obviously for testing purposes only)

Tom191

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
afaik, all game exploits can be tested on ANY region Wii using a usb-loader. But most people capable of doing what we're asking (like Megazig) would not do so without a legitimately purchased retail copy of the game.

I can understand where they're coming from... but I thought it would be worth pointing out that these exploits still work via a usb-loader (obviously for testing purposes only)
Since you sound as if to have a clue, are you capable of doing this?

Why hasn't anyone ported Smash Stack to work with PAL SSBB yet? It sounds possible, so whats with the delay, and why didn't the original author do this when he wrote it?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I personally have a PAL Wii and a PAL copy of SSBB, but I don't know any ASM, and in fact very little programming of any kind (some very basic C++ and a little AHK scripting). Also, I don't have a USB Gecko which I believe would be at least desirable, if not necessary for this process.

Tom191 said:
XFlak said:

Since you sound as if to have a clue, are you capable of doing this?

Why hasn't anyone ported Smash Stack to work with PAL SSBB yet? It sounds possible, so whats with the delay, and why didn't the original author do this when he wrote it?
Perhaps he only has NTSC-U copy of the game? Also, its probably a fair bit of effort. He's more focused on jailbreaking iPhones with webpages now
wink.gif

FYI, (no offence intended to XFlak), I doubt XFlak is the person to do this. Someone like megazig is much better qualified IMO. (Again, no offence XFlak)

Tom191

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
megazig said:
a PAL person with usbgecko and a bit of asm knowldege is the ideal person to help.
Would it be possible for you to do some code changes and let me or someone else beta test it for you.

BTW, I still want to send you some cash for any efforts you have on this, so please post up your paypal.

@SifJar; you got a point. I dont think batch files would run on the wii without dosbox. So no help there. But xFlack might have some useful knowledge to help here. IDK.

svpe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiCrazy said:
@megazig
as far as english goes... you are comparing comex with an exploit...
about the exploit stuff. firstly, bugs in the games are not called exploits... they are bugs... you find bugs, you don't find exploits... you exploit them then what you wrote becomes an exploit...

Spotting the bug on SSBB should be easier since, as I've previously said, lots of people were already fiddling with that custom stage feature of the game. For the other bug one should first assume without any usage involved... hence that's more hard to spot...

Anyway, work involved in finding a bug to exploit is not necessarily correlated to licensing deals of an open source exploit.

Finding that bug in SSBB took me maybe a few hours. The exploit itself is way more complicated though since the memory layout is not exactly trivial. (i.e. smashstack is not a simple strcpy stack smash.)
Here's the bug:
Stages in SSBB can be compressed. When this happens the header is still left as-is. That header contains two length fields: uncompressed_len and compress_len. When they are not equal SSB will call the lzss_decompress routine after allocating a buffer with the uncompressed_len. However, the LZSS compression adds an additional header to the data that also contains the uncompressed length. the lzss_decompress function now only uses that second size. So if you just specify a size of 2KB or so in the first header but a size of, say, a few GB in the second one SSBB will start overwriting memory. That's the bug. Exploiting this bug is clearly hard because you need to generated compressed data that uncompresses over the whole memory and leaves SSBB in a working state until you reach the stack at the end of the memory. IIRC you will overwrite yourself(!).

But you are still right, comex has to release the source code and I remember that he even did this in IRC. How about you just ask him again?
smile.gif

psykobug

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ready to use pack can be found here thanks to wiigx-mod

QUOTE said:
The pack contains everything here now for this:

- The save hacked Yu-Gi-Oh 5D Wheelie Breaker
- Wii Homebrew Launcher, sesame to exploit this hack as it should
- Install HackMii 0.7b

1) Unzip the entire pack directly to the root of your SD card

2) Run the game and create a profile, then exit. Copy the save hacked to your Wii via the data manager, SD tab.

3) Then start the game Yu-Gi-Oh 5D, the title screen press the button, and let HBL start gently.

4) Go to Section Wii Apps (SD) (second icon HBL) and start HackMii Installer 0.7b

(Feel free to put homebrew of your choice in the apps if you want to start anything but HackMii)

5) Follow the guide!

Note:in the video, HBC is already installed,that's why i'm making "Exit",and without installation, HBC starts.

sorry for the googe translation ...

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, must have missed the reply from WiiCrazy.

yes, I know that bugs and exploits are different. finding an exploit means finding a way to get your code running. that's why i say that Smash Stack was much harder than this exploit. this one is quite simple to get the game to jump to your code

edit: I've been looking at the smash stack exploit scripts for a while and am still waiting for a knowledgable PAL user with usbgecko and some asm knowledge to come on IRC

svpe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
megazig said:
edit: I've been looking at the smash stack exploit scripts for a while and am still waiting for a knowledgable PAL user with usbgecko and some asm knowledge to come on IRC

Feel free to poke me tomorrow.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
SifJar said:
FYI, (no offence intended to XFlak), I doubt XFlak is the person to do this. Someone like megazig is much better qualified IMO. (Again, no offence XFlak)
No offense taken, I am not in the same league as crediar, megazig or even the guy who came up with this new exploit! My greatest accomplishment is NUS Auto Downloader, and that's written entirely in batch!!! I've done some mods of other Wii/PC apps, but nothing entirely on my own. Porting exploits like this are out of my league, best 2 leave it to the pros (and they have my full support!).

btw, am I the only one that thinks we are paying too much attention to finding exploits for PAL Wii's? Currently J and K 4.3 wii's are the only ones without a single exploit and I sorta feel like we should be focusing on those Wii's right now... but w/e, I'm not complaining, the more exploits the better.

DarkeoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great work, ichfly ! Lol at the ones complaining for the game to be a poor game, but i assume there're plenty of s***** games like that which could become at least valuable for the WiiHack...

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well I checked the source of the news and it seems that this exploit is still heavy under development and was not supposed to be posted before an official stable release..

well, whatever good work ichfly
smile.gif

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many fucking double standards around this place...

"OMG!! Why is he asking for 'donations'!!1!" Yet never have I heard those same people ask this same question about anyone else asking for donations...even if they've only created a 'script kiddie' type of application (which they refuse to directly link you to but instead have you click thru a pay-per-click type of site or whatever they may be called).

"OMG!! Why did he choose such a crappy game to exploit!!!" Again, unthankful for free work, yet anyone daring to be critical of another certain, more prominent author for releasing a semi-broken offering, and everyone is up in arms, slinging insults at the ones being critical (which insults, or 'flaming' if you will, seem to go completely unhindered by the staff here).

"OMG!!1 You have to register...can anyone post this exploit elsewhere?!" even though that might be completely against the author's wishes?? Who gives a fuck right, after all, he doesn't post here and he doesn't even speak English... I've even see one of the people mentioned in the above scenarios refer to someone sending a single person another group's coding efforts as 'illegal' because they request that it not be distributed anywhere else.
rolleyes.gif

Absolutely fucking incredible...but not surprising in the least.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Skizzo said:
So many fucking double standards around this place...

"OMG!! Why is he asking for 'donations'!!1!" Yet never have I heard those same people ask this same question about anyone else asking for donations...even if they've only created a 'script kiddie' type of application (which they refuse to directly link you to but instead have you click thru a pay-per-click type of site or whatever they may be called).FYI, I've heard that so many times, that now, if anyone had ever bothered to look, I added a direct download link to the latest version of NUS Auto Downloader right in the main thread. QUOTE(xflak40 @ NUSAD Main Thread @ Feb 3 2010, 05:44 PM) If you are having problem's downloading using the above link, try using this Direct Download Link
And you know what? Those linkbucks links are no different than mediafire links anyways, it takes u to a page, and u click one button, then it downloads, in fact, my specific linkbucks download links will automatically start downloading after 15 seconds, whereas not even megaupload links would do that

also, I had people telling me they wanted to be able to donate to me, so I made that possible, I'm not forcing it on anyone... and I offer free help to pretty much any1 who has problems with NUSAD... seriously, go read the thread and see just how many people I helped, pretty much every other post is me (kinda sad actually, lol)... but if I don't know u, don't PM me with silly questions that belong in the NUSAD thread, I will help u for FREE in the NUSAD thread, but don't PM me with silly questions if u haven't donated something for MY TIME (if you have a legitimate/intelligent NUSAD Q or suggestion, feel free to PM me all you like)

PS.
@ Skizzo, this wasn't directed @ you, i just wanted to clear up a few things in general

@innocent bystanders, sorry for the unrelated post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8