Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
@kiffer

Well... it is still in development... so maybe we need to wait a little longer for a better version.
wink.gif

I'll try to give it a go with a copy on my hard/softmodded 4.2E with the exploit and try to see if hbc installer loads.
smile.gif

Pandadoux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so i agree that the game need to be at 60 Hz to run the exploit but it launch only loadmii when i try to launch another homebrew with boot.elf it crash with a blackscreen

Pandadoux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i managed to run through loadmii Hackmii V(0.6) only but 0.7 dont work

so on v0.6 i cant install because there is a message :

This installer can (NOT en rouge) continue!

There is no know vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii
Please note that we will not use a Fakesigned IOS doe to security reasions

Look for an upload verson at: etc.....

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pandadoux said:
i managed to run through loadmii Hackmii V(0.6) only but 0.7 dont work

so on v0.6 i cant install because there is a message :

This installer can (NOT en rouge) continue!

There is no know vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii
Please note that we will not use a Fakesigned IOS doe to security reasions

Look for an upload verson at: etc.....

This makes me have an idea how to get a vulnerable IOS, it's listed on this page to get IOS36 patched:

Workaround 2 (Does work on Virgin non-Korean Wii's)
Stuff to download with NUS Downloader for Offline guide (don't forget to enable pack -> wad first):
* NUS (IOS > IOS41 > v2835 &WAD)

Put the WAD from the new folder (0000000100000029v2835) in the WAD folder on the SD card.

1) Use Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack to boot into LoadMii.
2) Once in LoadMii, use that to run a Wad Manager.
3) Select ANY IOS if Wad Manager asks for which one to use, leave NAND Emulation disabled. Now install the IOS41 wad.
4) Get yourself the newest Trucha Bug Restorer. Use Indiana Pwns/Smash Stack to load LoadMii and let that run the Trucha Bug Restorer.
5) Now do the steps of the Trucha Bug Restorer page. There is only 1 difference: under step 2a, change the IOS to IOS41 instead of leaving it on IOS36.
6) After you did the steps, your IOS36 will be patched. You can now use it to do the Fix Hackmii installer steps, or to delete the Stubs and install cIOSs.

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/an...ry43workarounds

Edit:

Just tested the exploit trough USB Loader GX and it worked like a charm. Says that it uses IOS38 as base and IOS61 for HBC (v0.7). So it does work... apparently you do need a vulnerable IOS, can someone test out the above instructions if it will load then? (using 4.2E and already softmodded)
smile.gif

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pandadoux said:
I dont want to test all that because i'm a noob on hacking and really dont want to brick my Wii... someone else?

True, because it uses IOS38 as base, you may need to install an earlier version of IOS38 instead of getting IOS36 patched... maybe someone can verify this theory?
smile.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hetfield said:
icyrainz said:
Check out this video for the exploit !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFFYPI7Lj9k

This video is as fake as it can be.

- Hackmii on a virgin Wii will not choose IOS37 and use IOS37 for HBC
- It will not mention to uninstall HBC

HackMii Installer can install and uninstall all the components it supports, so that argument is void, and as many have said, its clearly not a virgin Wii. So it definitely isn't "as fake as it can be".

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
SifJar said:
FGOD said:
megazig said:
sorry, must have missed the reply from WiiCrazy.

yes, I know that bugs and exploits are different. finding an exploit means finding a way to get your code running. that's why i say that Smash Stack was much harder than this exploit. this one is quite simple to get the game to jump to your code

edit: I've been looking at the smash stack exploit scripts for a while and am still waiting for a knowledgable PAL user with usbgecko and some asm knowledge to come on IRC

my bro has coding skills and a usb gecko... you can find him on irc on the priiloader channel( he's the one making priiloader (daco))

i also hope somebody can port ssbb exploit to pal as it would save me buying another game for hacking my own wii and others their wii...

If you're n00b enough to update to 4.3 before waiting for an HBC update, you deserve to buy a new game
tongue.gif

i'm not but people i know who's wii i have modded are...

QUOTE(megazig @ Aug 11 2010, 02:56 AM) QUOTE(FGOD @ Aug 10 2010, 03:04 PM)

my bro has coding skills and a usb gecko... you can find him on irc on the priiloader channel( he's the one making priiloader (daco))

i also hope somebody can port ssbb exploit to pal as it would save me buying another game for hacking my own wii and others their wii...

I'll pass on Daco, I'm looking for a little skill

i know he can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but i'm pretty sure he likes the idea of getting the ssbb exploit to work on pal... but it was just a suggestion... either way i hope you can get it working... or at least somebody...

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hetfield said:
icyrainz said:
Check out this video for the exploit !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFFYPI7Lj9k

This video is as fake as it can be.

- Hackmii on a virgin Wii will not choose IOS37 and use IOS37 for HBC
- It will not mention to uninstall HBC

you are stupid : did you ever watch the first seconds of the video ? HBC is already installed on my wii, is it so hard to see for you (open your eyes then, should be better) ?
So, of course, hackmii mentions "uninstall". And BTW, I did NOT install anything with hackmii (because I'm not dumb and don't want to install something that is already installed)

This video was a POC of the exploit, nothing else. If YOU can't use it, it doesn't mean that NOBODY can use it.

ps : IOS37 is used by hackmii 0.7b and HBC 1.0.7 on a 3.2 Wii...

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
FGOD said:
megazig said:
FGOD said:

i know he can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but i'm pretty sure he likes the idea of getting the ssbb exploit to work on pal... but it was just a suggestion... either way i hope you can get it working... or at least somebody...
am I the only person who understood megazig's post in a different way?
My English isnt really great, but what i understood is that Daco has more skill than the person he needs for this.. so no reason to bother him
I'm probably wrong.. just interesting how I got it that way

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
madridi4ever said:
[...]
megazig said:
[...]

[...]
am I the only person who understood megazig's post in a different way?
My English isnt really great, but what i understood is that Daco has more skill than the person he needs for this.. so no reason to bother him
I'm probably wrong.. just interesting how I got it that way

Well if you would visit #wiidev on irc and listen what's going on when Daco is trying to do something. I'm not saying he's a bad coder, just he is not playing in the same league as megazig and most people on #wiidev. If megazig wants somebody to work with who does more than just following orders and test stuff megazig compiles, then Daco is probably out of question. As i see it, writing an exploit requires some knowledge how the wii internally works, good asm skills and whatever, and i doubt Daco fits that profile.

PS: If somebody thinks i'm talking bad about Daco, i'm not. I'm just pointing out that there are a few people more suitable for this. And before anybody thinks about it, i'm not better or worse than Daco in this matter i think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap +1